Chapter 12 - I overheard it!

Leah's POV

I sat in my car, my thoughts racing a mile a minute. It was ridiculous, really. I couldn't believe how jealous I was feeling, hearing that Lucy was going on a date. It was silly, of course. I had no right to feel this way, but I couldn't help it.

FUCK SAKE LEAH! I hate how much I hurt sometimes. It had been so hard avoiding her all this time, and I know she knew I had been. But, I thought it was for the best.

Part of me wants to do something crazy, like create a Home Alone style trap for Lucy's date, just to mess with them. The thought makes me laugh, but it's also a little bit terrifying how much I want to do it.

But I know that's not the right thing to do. I should have told Lucy how I felt and fought for her, but I was too scared. Now it's too late, and I'm kicking myself for it.

I get in my car and start scrolling through Instagram, trying to distract myself from my thoughts. I search for any potential single girls within the football world that Beth could have set Lucy up with.

As I scroll through endless profiles, I can feel myself getting more and more worked up. I know I'm being crazy, and I need to focus on the upcoming game. Maybe I should just ask Beth who the girl is and leave it at that.

But then a thought crosses my mind - maybe I should find someone to date, someone to distract me from my feelings for Lucy. It's not like I haven't had opportunities, but I've always pushed them away because of my feelings for her.

But in the end, I realise that all I want is for Lucy to be happy. If that means she has to date someone else, then so be it. I'll just have to deal with my own feelings and move on.

I start my car and immediately turn up the music. The familiar notes of my favourite songs fill the car, and I can't help but start singing along at the top of my lungs. As I drive down the road, I can feel the wind whipping through my hair, and I can't help but feel alive. It's been a crazy few weeks, and I'm grateful for this moment of peace and quiet.

I think about how much my life has changed since I moved back in with my mum and brother. They've been an incredible support system, and I'm so grateful to have them in my life. Every day, I take our dog Bella for a walk, and it's become a routine that I look forward to. It's peaceful and calming, and it gives me a chance to clear my head and think about everything that's been going on.

As I drive, I feel a sharp twinge in my stomach, and I know that it's my endometriosis acting up again. It's been a constant battle, but I refuse to let it stop me from doing what I love. Endometriosis is a condition that affects my reproductive system. It can be incredibly painful and debilitating, but I've learned to cope with it over the years and my team has been incredible.

Playing football with endometriosis can be a challenge, but I've never let it stop me from doing what I love. Some days are harder than others, but I'm always determined to push through. I know that my strength comes from my struggles, and I'll never let this condition hold me back.

I turn up the volume on the music and start singing along even louder. It's moments like these that make me feel alive and remind me why I do what I do. Football is more than just a game to me; it's a way of life. It's where I find my passion, my joy, and my strength.

I can't help but laugh as I think back to my earlier thoughts about sabotaging Lucy's blind date. It's crazy how jealousy can make us do and think crazy things. But in the end, I know that I want her to be happy. Even if it means she starts dating, I'll support her.

As I drive, I think again about asking Beth who the girl is that she set Lucy up with. Maybe I'm being a little nosy, but I can't help but be curious. I shake my head and laugh, knowing that I'm being ridiculous.

I turned up the volume on my car stereo and let the music fill the space. There's nothing quite like the feeling of driving down the motorway with the wind in your hair and your favourite song blasting out of the speakers. For me, that song is "Believe" by Cher. I can't help but sing along at the top of my lungs, not caring who hears me or what they think. The lyrics make me laugh as they are incredibly apt.

'Do you believe in life after love?!'