Chapter XIX

*Max POV*

I was about to head out to a jewelry store to see if I could find the perfect ring for Natalie in Mexico before heading to Italy for her last race when there was a knock on my room door. I opened it to reveal my dad standing there.

"What are you doing here, dad?" I asked as I wasn't expecting him to come by.

"I wanted to give you something. You mentioned having a hard time finding a ring to purpose with so I found the ring I used to purpose to your mom. I already got it adjusted to her size and I got those extra details added" Dad said and handed me a ring box.

I opened it to reveal a shiny sliver ring with a decent side diamond. It wasn't too big and it wasn't small either. It had 'mijn liefje' engraved in the inside. I have called her that since we dated in 2013 so I wanted it engraved. It was exactly what I was looking for and was perfect for Nat.

"This was exactly what I have been looking for," I said with a smile on my face, "Thanks dad."

"No problem Max, now you have something less to worry about before you have to leave. I'll leave you be now," He said before leaving.

I went back into my room quickly texted Nico, Checo, Yuki, Daniel, Carlos, and Lewis to tell them I wasn't going to go look for a ring anymore as they wanted to come with me to help find a ring. Charles, Sebastian, Mike, and Kimi had also been helping so they the drivers made a group chat for the hunt for the perfect ring.

I texted a simple, 'found it' in the group chat and there were a who lot of questions and at a point the questions turned to a 'I am coming over' and everyone said, 'same'.

Soon all the guys were in my room wanting to see it and know how I found it.

"How did you find the ring Max?" Daniel asked once everyone got tired.

"My dad gave me the ring he ised to purpose to my mom with," I said.

"Let us see the ring," Mike said and I walked over to where I had placed the box before handing it to him.

He opened it and picked up and looked at it.

"This ring is beautiful," Mike said before handing it to Sebastian.

"She is going to love it and I like the engraving," Seb said with a smile on his face before hand it over to Daniel.

"If she says no to marrying you, I will," Daniel said jokingly before hand it off to Lewis.

After everyone saw it and commented on it, we talked and asked about my idea to purpose to Nat.

I was going to originally going to purpose to her as soon I got out the car but I decided it would be better to do it at dinner. We were going to go out for dinner after the race and then pop the question and if it is a yes then we are going to go to club everyone will be at celebrating and announced it and if it is a no I'm not sure what to do.

***

I was standing with Daniel to my left and Carlos to my right with the other guys waiting for rider parade to start.

"First year and she is about to win her first championship," Carlos said and the trucks started driving by.

I was proud of Natalie, she had been working hard to make it possible. She was leading the championship with Sabrina a couple points behind her. Their rivalry only lived on track but off track that stayed the best friends they have always been.

When the truck with the Austrian rider came by I could see her smiling and talking to the other riders. When she spotted me it seemed like her smile got bigger and brighter.

Nat turned to look at Sabrina as she called out her and they started doing the personal sign language with Joshua. I always wondered what they were saying when they used their secret sign language.

I heard Nico laugh as he understood what they were saying. She smiled and laughed at what they were signing.

Soon it was the rider parade was over and they headed to their teams and we headed to our seats. I was sitting in between Daniel and Carlos while we waited for the first race to start for the male motocross round.

Joshua ended 2nd in the round and 3rd in the championship. A couple minutes after their podium ceremony it was was time for the women to race.

I saw her and she looked a little nervous about the race. She talked a little with Sabrina before they put on their helmets. I loved the design of her helmet, it looked a lot like the one from Austria a year ago but it had a few changes like the Yamaha and Monster Energy logo on it. There was also a 72 on her helmet as that was the number she was assigned.

When the race started, she had a slow start and was in 7th for the first few laps the she slowly started making up spots. By the time of the last lap she was in second behind Sabrina. Which was where she ended for the first race.

On the second one she had a better start and was in the lead the whole time. I was really proud of Natalie. I mean how couldn't I be proud of my love, she means the world to me and I will support her through anything she does.

Everyone in the crowd stood up and the cheering got louder as Nat was on the last turn. Her name was being yelled by everyone.

Once she crossed the finish line her arms shot up in the air and Sabrina caught up to her and rode beside her.

Before she was handed her trophy I could see her eyes water but it was happy tears. Once she was handed the trophy she raised it and made Sabrina step up to the first place step with her and hugged her.

They sprayed the champagne on each other before they jumped off the podium. I had Charles to my left so both girls ran to our direction. I caught Nat and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I pulled her into a passionate kiss.

"Congratulations my champion," I said to her in German and she smiled with tears still on her eyes, "I am proud of you, beautiful."

"Do you think they are proud?" She whispered in German while looking up.

"I know they are very proud of you," I said and kissed the side of her head, "Go get changed, my love."

I put her down but still didn't let her go.

"Congrats Natalie!" Her family yelled and slipped out of my arms and got pulled into a group hug.

She looked so happy with her family. They also pulled me into the hug. Her family has been really welcoming towards me and I started to feel like I was part of the family.

I was excited to see what the future had prepared for me and Natalie.