Chapter XVIII

*Max POV*

I was freaking out as I waited for Toto, Chris, Nico, and Checo at the restaurant we agreeed to meet in. I was going to ask the most important men in Natalie's life for their blessing to ask Natalie to marry me.

We had talked about it and she didn't care about when I proposed as long we got married after a couple years of dating.

I asked my dad to come because I want him to know about my plan to marry Natalie when they find out. I also asked Christian to come because he is like a father figure to me.

"Max, calm down, everything will be fine," Christian said as he noticed that I was slightly freaking out.

"How can I be calm when there is that chance Toto will say no?" I asked as Checo, Nico, and Chris walked in laughing.

"Well calm yourself a little bit because there comes 3 out of the 4," Christian as they walked over and greeted everyone.

"Toto is running a bit late, he is on a call with Nat, congratulating her on the win in the Netherlands," Nico said they sat down.

"I saw the highlights of the round and she had a good lead," Dad said and I was surprised he watched them. I was happy he stopped treating Nat the way he used to.

"One of them had to follow in my footsteps and dominate the mx world," Chris said and Checo nodded.

"I remember when you gifted her, her first bike and your sister flipped out," Checo said and Chris laughed at the memory.

"You should of seen her when Noah sent Nico a kart for him first birthday, I at least waited until she 3," Chris said and Nico looked uncomfortable at the mention of his biological dad.

"I still can't believe you took him also into the mx world after he left and took him out of karting, when under my watch he would of done better than his," Checo said and Christian turned to the pair.

"Noah never mentioned Nicolas doing karting, he only talked about Jeremy," Christian said and got the attention of Checo and Chris.

"That's what happens when your biological dad doesn't like that you get 2nd once after winning every race prior and just gets up and leaves you at the track and your life," Nico said and he looked towards the door, "I didn't want to continue karting after that because I thought I was the reason he left but to him we were both failures so he wanted to live through us and he didn't want to be a dad so he left to be a dad for other kids."

"Speaking of the devil," Chris whispered as Noah sat down in table beside us with Sophia, Jeremy, and Emma.

Noah somehow managed to keep a job as a mechanic within F1. He now works with Haas after he got fired at Red Bull.

"Hi, Maxie, I've missed you," Sophia said in a high pitch voice she always used when I was around.

"Good afternoon," Toto said and I turned to see Toto sitting in front of me.

The waiter came up to us and took our orders before Toto turned his attention to me.

"Dad, what did Nat said to the message I sent through you?" Nico asked, redirecting his attention to him.

"She told me to tell you that if you continue with your comments she is going to marry your fiancé," Toto said and and Nico stuck out his hand to him.

"Can I see your phone I need to talk to Nat?" Nico said and Toto put his hand down.

"No," He said before turning his attention to me again, "So why did you want to talk to us?"

"You four are the most important guys in Natalie's life and as you guys know I love her more than life itself. I want to propose to her at the end season but I want your blessing before doing so. I know we have been dating for less year but I'm not making the same mistakes again by letting her go again," I said before getting interrupted by Nico.

"You have my blessing, Max," He said before seeing Chris and Checo whispering to each other.

"You also have our blessing," Chris said speaking for both him and Checo.

All of our eyes were on Toto waiting for what he was going to say. He was about to speak when Noah spoke up.

"Toto stop acting like their dad, it is my saying if he proposes to her not any of you. She is my daughter and I say no because no one deserves to marry a failure like her," Noah said and I turned to him in the table next us.

"You have only been a father when you want to stay relevant or when you wanted something from them. Toto has been there for every important moment in her life even after he had kids of his own. Whether you like it or Toto is her father and if anyone is a failure it would be you," I said remembering everything she had told me about Noah.

"Maxie don't talk to my dad like that. You are supposed to marry me not that golddigging bitch," Sophia said getting involved.

"Shut the fuck up Sophia, if anyone is a golddigging bitch, it would be you and your mom. Also let go of this little obsession you have with Max, it got old a long time ago," Nico said and at this point everyone was looking over to us.

Jeremy was about to defend his sister before they got kicked out as they had started the scene. We were served our food and started eating and I still waited to see if Toto was going to give me his blessing.

"Max, I will give you my blessing but please don't hurt Natalie and if you do you have a lot of people to deal with. Also don't expect me to get my drivers to go easy on you on the track once your part of the family," He said with a slight joking tone at the end.

"I wouldn't want it any other way," I said smiling.

I am going to finally to propose to the love of life. I was happy the guys gave me their blessings.