"You're Clary freakin Fray, you can do anything." He tells her with a encouraging smile. But she looks at him doubtfully. Simon moves to enter the City of Bones gates, but Jace stops him right away, placing a hand on his chest. "Alright, hold up."

"Surprise, surprise." Simon exclaims in a mocking way. "No mundanes allowed, just like in the training room, right? Wrong! I've seen every horror movie ever made and the funny best friend who gets left behind... dead man."

Me and Izzy laughs at him. "He's gotta a point." Steph remarks, agreeing with Simon. Jace scoffs annoyed, "You're not that funny, but by all means. Go ahead." He says, stepping backwards, making way for Simon pass.

Simon looks at us confidently with chest out, and starts again to walk further. "Of course, the minute you enter, you'll die". Jace informs, making him halts his steps once more. He turns around, facing us.

"Problem is, now I don't trust you." Simon retorts.

"He's not lying." Alec tells, detached. "Now." Izzy adds, "He was before" She begins to explain, with a grin on her face. "The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter, so, please..." Alec finishes, deadpanned, gesturing Simon to continue.

"The Brother's creep me out." Izzy stated, sighing. "I'll mind the mundanes" She says sounding excited. "Your sacrifice is noted, Izzy." Jace says sarcastically, while moving towards the gates. "Talk about sacrifice, I'm missing a financial analysis class." Simon states.

"I can't be here anymore, let's go inside now." Alec remarks, sounding annoyed. Motioning for me to move. I look at Steph. "I'll be right back. Wish me luck." I breathed, trying to feel confident. "Good luck." She says with sincerity. I smile at her, and move to stand closer to Alec's side. I glance at him, probably with frightened eyes. He exhales through his nose, and his eyes softens, and offers his left hand for me to take, which I gladly do. The moment I touch his hand, I feel this sudden energy flowing between us, I look at our intertwined fingers, with my mouth slightly agape. When I look up at him again, I think he felt it too, since he's staring at me with confusion. We are pulled out of our staring contest by Jace.

"Clary, you don't keep the Silent Brothers waiting" Jace calls to her, and we start to move passing the creepy gates.

Once inside, I'm almost certain we're in a horror movie set. I mean this place is dark, humid, kind of medieval, chilling and I'm pretty sure I heard bats chittering. We descend one flight of stairs. Me and Clary inhale sharply, Alec squeezes my hand in reassurance, and after walking a little further into the place, I can no longer see anything due the darkness, so we stop. Alec and Jace pulls out of their pockets, some kind of glowing stones.

"What's that?" Clary asks. "It's witchlight. We carry it to remind us that light can be found in even the darkest of places." Jace explains to us. "That's kind of cool." I playfully mused. They chuckle at me, even Alec. "And it's cooler than a flashlight." Jace adds, joining in, I guess he could tell I was trying to ease the tension, and kind of works, cause we all chuckle at him too. Jace hands Clary his witchlight, and motions for her to lead the way. But Alec keeps his, still holding my hand, and I guess, he wants to lead our way. I don't mind it though.

Walking a little further, we came face to face with a huge statue of a person in a cloak, holding which I guess is the Cup in one hand and a sword in the other, and I can see there's something written on it. We stop in front of it.

"What's that say?" Clary wonders, I furrow my brows at her question. Can't she read it? Jace opens his mouth to do so, but I beat him at it, "For Shadowhunters, the descent into hell is easy." I read it aloud, and at the end I glance curiously at Clary, but she's already sending me the same look, I look at the boys, and they are looking at me with bewildered expressions. This makes me deeply frown.

Asteriel | Alec Lightwood जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें