Chapter 9 - To punish with a Kiss

Start from the beginning

"Oh, and I just happened to be it, huh?" I asked, my eyebrow raised.

"Obviously! You were right there dude!" She laughed, shrugging at me.

All of a sudden, I heard someone clear their throat behind me and I turned around, with Lily stepping beside me. "Uh, hi," I smiled at the red-haired guy. Pete, I think is his name?

"Hi," he said back, although I noticed that he didn't smile back. Dropping my gaze, I saw that his hand was extended, so I just shrugged and extended my hand too. As he gripped it, I felt him squeeze a little harder than necessary. After a very awkward couple of seconds, I pulled my hand away and shoved in to my pocket, wondering what the hell his problem was.

"So, uh Pete right?" I said, looking towards Jen for confirmation. "You're a friend of Jen's?"

"Yeah," he replied, switching his gaze to Lily. "Although I'm a friend of Lily's too, right Lily?"

As I turned to look at her, she smiled awkwardly. "Uh, yeah sure, I guess."

"Well guys, that looked like a pretty heated game out there," Jen said, standing up and stepping beside Pete. "Very heated indeed."

I glanced towards Lily out of the corner of my eye, and smiled softly when I noticed a blush creeping up her neck. I had to fight the grin that was threatening to break out at any moment when I flashed back to her straddling me, running her hand down my chest. I could feel the heat spreading to my groin, so I took a step forward, walking past Jen and Pete to go and sit on the bench where Dean was eating an ice-cream.

"Hey man, where'd you get too?" I said, plonking down beside him.

"Well, I went to get a burrito. Then I got chatting to these babes by the ice-cream van," he smiled. "But, alas, they had boyfriends. So, I just got an ice-cream and came back here."

"Hey, what do you think of that Pete guy?" I whispered quietly, nodding in the opposite direction where Pete was chatting to Jen and Lily.

"I don't know. He seems kind of weird to me," Dean whispered back, taking a huge bite out of his cone.

"What do you mean?" I asked, still staring in their direction. "Dean?" I repeated when he didn't answer me.

Turning back to look at him, I burst out laughing when I saw him holding his forehead. He looked like he was in a lot of pain, and his face was all scrunched up. "Brain freeze?" I laughed, noticing the way he was rocking back and forth in his seat.

"Holy....." Dean whispered, clenching his eyes shut and continuing to rock on the spot. After a minute or two, he finally let go of his forehead and leant back on the bench, taking a huge bite out of his ice-cream as if nothing had happened.

"Better?" I smiled.

"That was a big one dude," he nodded grimly. "But anyway, back to the Pete guy. What was I saying before my head felt like it was about to explode?"

"You said he was weird," I shrugged, raising my eyebrows at him for confirmation.

"Oh yeah," he said, glancing up at Pete who was still talking to the girls. "Well, when he got here, he said hi to Jen and me and then practically ignored us. His gaze was focused on Lily the whole time. And I have to say dude, he looked mightily pissed when you two got a bit frisky on the pitch. Hey, what was that by the way?"

"Um, we were just, well -" I stuttered, trying to think of something to say.

Struggling, I just lifted my wrist and looked my imaginary watch. "Would you look at the time," I sighed dramatically as I stood up, blatantly trying to avoid Dean's questions.