8

As we walk left top golf we went to go get food at Whataburgur . " geese what was his problem I swear some sports players can be real a***** after going to the big leagues" he said as we sat down in the booth. " yea money can change a person" i said as I started picking at my burger. " there is one thing i need to tell you tho and its kinda huge". I said as i looked up to make eye contact with him. " you don't have a kid right?" He said concerned " no no it's something else." " i dated alex back in college before i got a job offer in new York" i said as i tried to find any emotion from nick. But he stayed silent " we grew up together as kids i even have photos" i said as i showed him pictures. " he used to bully me alot growing up even in high school then college came and things just happened and we dated for three years" i said still trying to find any emotion from nick. " but then i got a job offer from new York and he signed his astros contract so we agreed braking up would help with the distance" " but then i got transferred back Houston." " But i am over alex like my feelings-" nick finally cut me off " i trust you if you say your over it and don't have feelings i trust you but if there's something there please tell me now crystal I don't want to get hurt i really like you " he said " i grabbed his hand and said " theres no feelings there I promise and i really like you too" i said as i grabbed his hand.

*The next day*

I woke up immediately about to text nick when i saw i had a different text from alex

Alex: hey, im really sorry about yesterday i don't know what happened and if you want i was hoping to catch up and maybe get some coffee since you always loved coffee in college

I read his text hesitant to reply. Its only catching up and coffee right theres no harm with that right. I thought as I finally opened are text and replied.

Crystal: yea sure i could go for coffee and catch up.

At the coffee shop

I walked in as i looked around for a familiar face and my eyes landed on him. I walked up to him as i he gave me a side hug. " hey i haven't seen you since college" " yea alot has changed he said with a small laugh" " i can get you coffee i still remember your favorite hazelnut Americano" he said with a smile and i looked at him surprised " yea thats right actually im surprised you remember" " of course hazelnut is your favorite flavored coffee I wouldn't forget" he said as he walked away. When he came back a little later with both of are drinks. We talked and tried to catch up with everything in each others lives. I told him about my time in new York and all the friends i made and my coworkers there. We talked so much that by the time we ran out of things to say and every thing i said alex would pay all of his attention to me and every word i said. Eventually the workers started cleaning up everything. " hi im sorry but were closing in a few minutes and we need to clean your table is it of if you wrap it up" one the coworkers said as she came up to are table. " yes, oh my gosh im so sorry for over staying" here i say as i gave her a small tip. She denied it a couple of times until i tucked the money under my coffee plate. " it was nice catching up its been a while since we talked but im glad things are all good between us" he said as we stopped in front of my apartment " i should go but I'll text you later" i said as i started to walked towards the front doors of the building.