"We'll blame it on the pregnancy brain," she said.

I laughed.

"Would you like to stay for dinner, Abby?" Jace asked. "We're having…?"

"Crab cakes," I said. "I'm having a craving."

"I thought you can't have shellfish," Jace said.

"Raw shellfish. You can get some fresh crab from Maryland. I always wanted to try it."

"Would you like to have crab cakes with us?" Jace asked again.

"I would like that," she said. "I wouldn't mind going to Maryland either."

"Let's go," Jace says, holding out his arm.

He held out his arm to me but I just sent them on their way. I wanted to hang out alone to take all of this in. I can't believe I was so wrong.

Jace: Why did you stay home?

Me: I just need time to think.

Jace: Don't hurt yourself.

Me: Ha ha. Very funny.

Jace: I love you.

Me: Me too.

Jace: You love you too?

Me: Yes. You're okay.

Jace: I'm wounded.

Me: Hurry up.

I felt the mindlink close as I felt another one open.

Aiden: So you're here.

Me: You're a little late.

Aiden: How long have you been here?

Me: Almost two months. Where have you been?

Aiden: Away on pack business. Can I come see you?

Me: Jace isn't here right now.

Aiden: Perfect. I'm coming over.

Not two minutes later he was knocking on the door. I opened it and he stepped in. He looked just as handsome as ever though his hair was a little longer than usual.

He gave me a hug then kissed me on my cheek. He rubs my belly and smiles when he feels a kick. Then he grabs my face and kisses me. His kiss is so sweet and he tastes so good I almost forget he's not mine.

I take a step back and look at him. I touch his face and he kisses my palm. "I love you," he says, as he snuggles my hand.

"You're not here are you?" I ask.

"I figured it was safer this way. No scent," he says. "It feels the same."

"Not to me. I want to smell you and touch your face," I said.

"Come here," he said. "I'm going to take you to bed if you do."

"We can't," I said. "I'm so pregnant."

"I don't care," he said, leaning down and kissing me deeply.

I can't do that to Jace. I love him too much," I said.

"Do you or is that just the mate bond? Think about it and then let me know," he said, before disappearing.

Jace: We're ready.

I pulled them back. Abby looked windswept and happy. Jace was holding a few bags full of ingredients. He let go of Abby and put the bags on the counter. After he emptied them, he got started on dinner. He was making crab cakes on a brioche bun with twice fried french fries, a sriracha aioli, a garlic aioli and a simple side salad.