Chapter 13: Time to Fight!

Y/n's POV:

It was game time. With 11 other teams to worry about, this would be no cakewalk. Especially when there are some stacked lineups out on the field with us, like Todoroki's team with Iida, Yaoyorozu, and Kaminari.
It didn't help that our team was worth 505 points, so other teams would probably try to target us for our higher value. I'd have to keep a sharp lookout to make sure we don't get picked off. Since Hagakure was the rider, she'd be calling all the shots for our team.

"Hey, L/n," Said Hagakure. "To make it difficult for them to see, I'm going to take my shirt off."

"You're gonna what!?" I replied, flabbergasted. "Is that really fine?"

"J-just... don't look, okay? I-I really want to win this."

It's fine, just don't pay it any mind. I don't even have to look at her, so why am I making a big deal out of it? Ugh, I gotta focus up...

"Okay! You've made your teams, right?" Said Present Mic, "I'm not gonna ask if you're ready or not! Now, let's go! Counting down to the brutal battle royal! Three! Two! One!"

As soon as the countdown finished, everyone immediately made a dash towards Midoriya's team. Everybody wanted a shot at the ten million points.
It would be hard to get hold of Midoriya's band, but if we can get control of it once, I'm confident that we'd be able to play defense for the rest of the event.

"Jiro!" I called out to the back.

"Yeah?" I heard a response from both of our back carriers. 

"Uh, sorry! You guys have similar names!" I said.

"Just call me Kyoka then!" She replied.

"Alright! Now, how's it looking back there? Can y'all keep up?"

"We're fine!"

"In that case, I'll start running a bit faster!"

We picked up speed as we were charging Midoriya's team. We got a bit lucky with our starting position, so we were already pretty close to their team to begin with. As we were approaching though, I sensed danger coming from behind.

"Hagakure! Duck!" I warned.

She brought her head down and a projectile that looked like a horn whizzed past her, likely aiming to snatch our points while we were preoccupied.

I don't recognize that quirk. Must be one of the kids from class B. I forget, Midoriya isn't our only target. Every other student here is a possible source for points.

I saw the ground start gyrating, as if it were being turned into a liquid before our eyes. 

"L/n!" Hagakure called. "Let's back off for now!"

With that, Ojiro and I pushed off the ground, putting us high in the air, away from everyone else. With perfect timing though, Midoriya's team started to take off using equipment from the Support Course. And it just to happened to be that they were flying right towards us.

"Kyoka!" Hagakure shouted.

"I gotcha!" She replied as she sent her earphone jacks towards their team. Before Kyoka's attack could get close, she was blocked off by Tokoyami's Dark Shadow.

This wouldn't be good. With something like that keeping watch over their blind spots, it'd be hard to get a good push on them. Hagakure made the right call having us back off for now.

As we landed on the floor, the projectiles didn't stop flying. Everything from the flying horns, to Mineta's balls were being launched all over the arena. 
I sensed another dangerous presence coming from the side.