Chapter 21: Happy Birthday Louis

Start from the beginning

"Uh can you watch Sam for a bit? I need to go Christmas shopping," I smiled looking anywhere else. You'd think after all these years I'd be used to it, but I still feel awkward seeing her in anything other than her clothes.

"Sure, don't be long though. I still need to get my dress too," she smiled. My eyes lit up as I figured out what to get her.

"Of course," I smiled before running out the door with my long, white coat. The snow was built beautifully around my home, the sun shining brightly. Getting into the car, I quickly jumped into the drivers' seat and turned on the heater. Waiting for it to warm up, I checked my phone. I had a few missed calls from Louis, Harry, and Nick's mother. I decided to call Harry back first since he probably needed help gift shopping for Kassy.

"Hello?" his voice cracked. He must've just woken up.

"Hey Harry, what do you need?"

"Oh! Hey Soph, I need some help."He seemed embarrassed lowering his voice.

"With?"

"Picking out something for Kas. Do you know what she likes?" He asked desperately.

Thinking for a moment, I said, "Why don't you come with me Christmas shopping? I was about to go right now anyways." I offered happily.

"Sure! Meet me here in fifteen," he state before hanging up. Turning on the ignition, I sped off to Harry's place.

Louis' POV

"Hey Boobear! I need help with my outfit," I yelled down the stairs. Tonight the boys and I were going out to celebrate my birthday, but they wouldn't tell me where. Casual, but formal is all they said. What does that even mean? How can you be casual but formal too? Who invented this!?

"What do you have in mind," Harry mumbled as he brushed his teeth. He had faded blue demin on with a red hoodie on.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

"With Soph. We're going Christmas shopping," He smiled. My blood boiled at the thought of them being together. I had called her several times today and she only answered to Harry? I felt my cheek heat up as I stormed past Harry.

"What's going on mate?" he called after me. Grabbing my coat I walked out the door, ignoring him. I can't believe him! Seriously? Why is he still going after Soph!? He has Kas. Isn't she enough. Walking down the drive-way Soph pulled in. Great.

"Hey Lou, where are you going?" She smiled walking toward me. I stopped in front of her unsure of what I was doing.

"Why didn't you call me back?" I asked as calmly as possible. She rose her eye brow trying to figure out what was going on.

"Well I was coming for Harry and thought I'd run into you here instead. Is something wrong?" She asked trying to grab my hand. Taking us both by surprise, I pulled away from her harshly.

"Just leave me alone," I lowered my voice. Turning my head from her I walked away from her. What are you doing Lou?

"What the hell Louis?" She yelled after me. Shaking my head I hurried along the icy sidewalk unsure of where I was going. I just needed to think.

Sophia's POV

I stood there trembling, not understanding the situation. Long puffs of air dissolved into my skin as I turned around. Harry's expression was unreadable.

"What's his problem?" I asked almost angrily. I didn't understand. Why was Louis being so off?

"To be honest I'm not really sure," Harry said rubbing the back of his neck. Shaking my head, I decided to let it go.