"What is it?" I asked.

"Could you stay away from my Beta? He doesn't seem to have enough self control around you," he said.

"But I like being around him. We were going to meet at the charity dinner," I said. "I promise no funny business. Just dancing."

"You can dance with me," he said.

"I know, but I want to dance with him too," I said.

"That's becoming very apparent," he mumbled.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, angrily taking my hand back. "You should be feeling more secure with this new bond. I feel closer to you."

"The fact that you have a bond with him is worrisome. Not to mention he showed me it was him who stopped things almost every single time," he said through gritted teeth. 

He took a deep breath. Trying to calm down I supposed. I stopped walking to look at him. He stopped, then turned around and looked at me.

I grabbed his face and said, "I'm not going to cheat on you. Not with him or anyone else. I don't know what came over me but I feel connected to you now more than ever."

He leaned down and kissed me. It felt amazing. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he lifted me up. He pressed me against a tree and deepened the kiss. I whimpered when he pulled away.

"I should have my way with you right here," he panted out. "But I won't. You can have me when you come home."

I groaned with disappointment. He let me down then grabbed my hand again. We continued our walk to the pack house. 

Once there, he kissed my cheek and then left. I invited him inside but he declined saying he had things to do. I went to my room to take care of myself but was waylaid by Ezra.

"There you are. Thank the Goddess. I haven't been able to see you for hours. What happened?" He asked concern etched all over his face.

I told him everything that happened with Ian and Eloise. I could see something click into place for him.

"So that's how Mom has been able to hide stuff from me. She's been using the bond," he said wisely. "I'd like to see her try now."

"I can't believe she was so power hungry. When did that happen to her?" I asked.

"No idea, but it's better that she loses it now. And don't you let this power go to your head.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely," he said.

"I don't have absolute power. He does. He's the one to worry about," I said.

"He usually knows what he's doing. We just can't see it," he said.

I gasped as I saw Jace pop up behind Ezra. How did he do that? Ezra looked concerned then said, "what?"

I pointed to Jace and he put his finger to his mouth. I let my hand go down as Ezra started looking around.

"I thought I saw someone there, but I guess I was wrong," I said. "I'm going to my room."

Ezra waved me off and kept looking around. I opened my door and slipped inside. I saw Jace flow through the door then grin at me.

Jace: Never give my position away. How did you see me by the way? I'm in astral form.

Me: I don't know but I can see you plain as day, but there's a weird outline to you. It's almost like you are here.

Jace: Come see me so I can see if I can see you too. 

Me: How?

Jace: Just feel for a tiny bit of you and imagine you're with me. Close your eyes if it helps.