Aspen

The male wolf spins around with his lip curled up showing his sharp white teeth and his tail and hackles high in the air.
"I might ask you the same thing!" He snapped
"Well I'm running away from the horse shifters" I explain politely, not wanting to cause conflict.

His stance seemed to relax a bit at that.
"Why are you running away from them, what did you do?" He asked
"I didn't do anything. Balthazar their Alpha wants to mate with me so he captured me, but I never agreed to mate with him"
"What's your name? Mine's Aspen" Aspen says lowering his hackles, tail and lip completely.
"Guinevere, nice to meet you"
"Have you got anywhere to stay?" He asks with a look of sadness in his eyes.
"No... I don't"

The sudden realisation that it had been two years since I had had somewhere nice to sleep and something nice to eat.

Seeing my whole posture droop, Aspen says
"Come on follow me, I'll have my Alpha fix you something to eat and then we will work out where you will sleep."

I mumble thank you as the weariness of running away from the horse shifters hits me. Aspen starts walking further into the forest so I follow him.

It's been quiet a while since Aspen and I left the edge of the forest. But I am starting to smell the occasional wolf going through the trees.
"Um, if you want you can shift into human form" Aspen says hesitantly.
"Okay, sure but only if you do to" I say.

He nods in agreement.

_________________________________________________
Aspen's wolf in picture at the beginning of the chapter