Another wolf?

I shift into my leopard so that I might be a little less visible but the green field isn't to my advantage. The only camouflage I have is the dirt road, and that by itself is pretty poor.

I move with ease over the rocky dirt road, it's dry so that I won't leave any foot prints behind me for the horse shifters to follow. I am heading toward the forest I can see in the distance at the far side of the field. If I move quickly I should be able to make it there by nightfall.

I can't stop to have a break because I know Balthazar and his pack won't stop looking for me and they won't be that far behind me. If the horse shifters are one thing they are determined, I will give them that.

As I approach the tree line my wolf asks to be seen. So I shift into her but this seems to only agitate her. My senses are all at high alert because I feel as if someone is watching me from the trees.

Moving slowly towards the tree line, I carefully hide my scent but then I curse myself in frustration when I realise I should have done this as soon as I escaped because now Balthazar will be lead straight to the forest and then me.

Entering the forest was easy. Although my skin itched when it was completely silent in the forest. It was too quiet. Then I caught a whiff of a male wolf hiding a little further in the forest. Deciding to sneak up on him. I slowly make my way around him and then approach him from behind. Creeping silently up to him, I sit about five metres away from him next to a tree.
"What are you doing?" I ask, cocking my head to the side for added effect.

________________________________________________________
Guinevere's human form in picture at the beginning of the chapter.