2) Destiny?

Valerina's POV

Life wasn't good back at home either, I doubt if I can call it even a home.

I was a single daughter of a drug addict.
But at least I used to see and feel the sun.

I still remember the ugly night when I stepped out of my house and fell into his dark world or should I say dragged.

That night turned my world completely dark.

I was combing my hair, the only thing I love in my life is my hair. They are long and almost below my waist, I have a good height.
But I also like my amber eyes, I have dusky skin tone. My friends used to tell me that I glow golden when sunrays fall on my skin.

"Bitch!"
I heard a curse. Comb fell from my hand realising that I am going to get beaten now.

But I didn't do anything, why is he angry?
I rushed downstairs before he comes up.

I saw scattered glass bowl and wasted food.
"F_Father?"
He is not a father, he is a monster.

He just looks for a chance to hurt me. 

"How many times have I told you that, I want my dinner hot and served when I enter the house..."
He yelled.
"You dumb fuck have only one thing to do but can't even do that.

Tears pierced my eyes. I am doing my best, I am trying to do everything perfectly but he always abuses me for small things.

He refused to let me go to the university, he locked me inside the house. He made me work day and night, still he thinks I am useless.

What kind of a father he is?

It's been two years, I haven't gone out.

He pulled out his belt and I stepped back.
"Please..."
I tried to run but he grabbed me by my hair and threw me on the floor.

I closed my eyes and waited for a lash but someone opened the door.

"Looks like I came at the wrong time..."
Charlie, his friend entered the house.

He is the dirtiest man I have ever met. Lust drips from his eyes and I can see how he looks at me. Sometimes he tries to touch me and I can't even tell my father. He won't believe me. He will do nothing but slutshame me.

"Today I am going to kill this bitch..."
His words shouldn't hurt me anymore but still it hurts.

What did I do wrong to deserve his hate?

"Why are you wasting such beauty?.."
Charlie said and I cringed.
"Give her to me..."

My eyes widened when he said that. I grabbed the piece of broken glass bowl.

"Not before you pay the amount I want..."
Tears slipped from my eyes when my own father said this. How can he do this to me?

"Why?..."
I stood up.
"Why do you hate me so much?"
I yelled and fell on the floor again when he slapped me.

"Don't you dare Raise your voice at me, Bitch."
He spat.
"You are not even my daughter... Your father is someone else, look at my colour and look at hers..."
He looked at Charlie.
"How can she be my daughter?"

"Agree!"
Charlie said with a smirk.

No matter what they say, I know my mother was a loyal wife. I am his daughter, is it my fault that my skin is dusky and he is fair.

"Give me my money and take her..."
He threw himself on the chair tirelessly.

"Fine, you greedy man... Take it!"
His friend said.

"Dad, please... Don't do this to me"
I pleaded but he ignored me.
"How can you do this? What is my fault?"

"Your colour is your fault..."
He spat hatefully.
"This golden colour of yours... These yellow eyes and your fucking black hair... Look at me and tell me from which angle do I look like your father?"

He has blonde hair, blue eyes and pale skin. My mother had similar features and I don't know why I am so different from them.

"Give me that pendant and go with Charlie..."
He ordered.

I clutched on my locket. This is the last thing which belongs to my mother. I won't give it to him.

"No!"
I stepped back.

He tried to snatch it but I ran away from him. Charlie tried to catch me but attacked him with broken glass and he got a few cuts.

"Fuck!"
Charlie tried to grab my throat but I pushed him away and dashed out of the main door.

But he did snatch my locket, It fell on the floor but I had to save myself.

It's all dark, I rushed towards the forest thinking they won't be able to find me.

We live in a small town which is closer to the forest, I know I am risking my life by entering the forest because there are so many myths about it but I am sure the monsters inside the forest will be better than monsters behind me.

"Harry, she is going inside the forest..."
I heard Charlie.

"So what? Catch her, I don't believe in the bullshit which these bloody villagers feed you..."
They didn't stop to chase me.

I am running barefoot and I can feel blood around my feet. I can only imagine how many wounds I have got.

It was final stroke when my toe hit the rock and I fell with the thud. My head banged on the tree trunk and blood dripped on my dress.

I cried out loud in pain. I can't even run because it's an edge of the hill.

"You stupid bitch..."
Charlie stepped towards me.
"I am going to fuck this attitude out of you..."

I crawled back when he walked towards me but he froze when something fell on ground with thud.

We both looked at the direction. It's was my father, more like it was his dead body.
His head got separated from his body and rolled at my feet.

"Ahhhh...."
I screamed on top of my lungs and pulled my feet away.

Charlie was terrified, he looked around like a scared rabbit. He jumped in fear when something passed by with the speed of light or may be someone, I could only see the shadow.

Charlie was about to run but then someone grabbed him and I screamed when I saw a huge man. His eyes were glowing red, his needle like fangs ripped Charlie's throat and he ended up just like my father.

I crawled back in fear and lost my balance.
I tried to grab something but it was too late, I fell off the cliff.

I thought may be it's the end of misery and closed my eyes to embrace death but no, destiny has different plans for me.

And my destiny is the man with red eyes and sharp fangs.