{13}

Kimiona could easily feel her Master's anger towards all of them. She also feels the terror and fear radiating off of her peers. It bounced off of her effortlessly.

"We're sorry m-"

"Silence." He seethed. "Rui is dead, why are you all so weak?" The demon next to Kimiona trembled, "you have one job; eat and gain strength. Yet, you worthless fools can't even do that. You keep dying and getting replaced. The upper ranks have stayed the same for over a hundred years!" By the end, Muzan looked like he was about to explode.

"That's easy for you to say, but we-" the demon on Kimiona's other side stops.

What a bunch of idiots. She thought, still in her bowed position, listening calmly to the words around her. Lower moon 4 breathed as the insubordinate demon was grabbed and slaughtered in front of them. Blood sprayed over her hair and kimono.

One by one, her comrades are picked off and killed. Until only she and Enmu remain. She is silent as her blood-crazed peer receives her master's blood, and is sent off on a mission.

Only Muzan, the biwa woman, and Kimiona remained. The two powerful demons stood on a balcony, looking out on the Infinity Castle.

Kimiona waited patiently for her master to speak, not wanting to upset him any further. She would likely die though, as he would likely anger from her responses. She would be honest though.

After some time, Muzan looked at his subordinate, "speak."

She nodded, "what would you like to hear about first master?" He shrugged. Kimiona let out a hum. "I think I love the boy, as wrong as that will be." Her master scoffed, but let her continue. "With that, I have gained the trust of Ubuyashiki and the hashira. Today-" she paused, "I survived the sunlight trying to save the demon gi-"

Kimiona choked as Muzan held her up against a wall by the neck, "you what? How?"

She shrugged, "d-don't know." The girl was dropped, sinking to the floor as the demon lord crossed his arms.

"You are the most foolish out of all of the lower moons... and that is hard to beat." They made tense eye contact, "you are most impressive, idiot. Continue with your debauchery, it will yield useful to me."

Kimiona nodded, "yes master."

He grabbed her again, stabbing a sharp thumb into her neck and pumping his blood into her. "If you can't survive this much blood, then it'll be a pity. Don't disappoint me, lower moon 2." Her whole body burned, and her left eye started bleeding lightly.

Kimiona didn't even notice as her body was dumped right where she was before being summoned to the Infinity Castle.

The meeting was wrapping up, so she was taken to the butterfly mansion in a daze by the kashuki.

Tanjiro lagged beside the demon, who was curled into a ball shaking and gasping in pain as tears streamed down her cheeks. He didn't know what happened, a door opened underneath her, she was gone, then reappeared around 20 minutes later.

Eventually the kashuki got the demon settled into the basement of the butterfly mansion, leaving her and Tanjiro in the dark, lit only by a few oil lamps.

The boy scooted closer to the crying girl, wrapping his strong arms around her. At that moment, Kimiona felt safe. And Tanjiro realized just how human the demon could be.

He rocked her back and forth gently. "What happened?" By now, Kimiona had calmed down greatly. She sniffled.

"Master- he summoned us, the lower moons. He killed all but me and lower one, and gave us blood. I-it hurt so much, receiving so much power at once..." her eyes opened, revealing stark white eyes. Tanjiro flinched slightly. Only hours ago the demons' were a pale blue, and the number inscribed said 2 now instead of 4.

"Your eyes- they're white now..." the boy breathed. Kimiona touched her temple with one hand, still staring at Tanjiro.

The boy held her at arms length, noticing the frosted tips to her hair, which was once entirely black. His nose even picked up a slightly different smell, the strawberry and rain had a stronger hint of demon.

The two looked at each other for a while, unsure of what to do.

She had become more demon, slipping into her role further, forced to succumb by the man who turned her this way. Tanjiro was face to face with a powerful demon, and he somehow felt so happy and free around her. It was a sin, something unforgivable. But here the boy was, wondering do I see her as more than a friend?

After some time, Tanjiro pulled the much larger demon into his chest.

She purred, taking it a step further and pushing the boy onto his back. He gasped lightly. Her strong body trapped him underneath her, and he stared at her slitted eyes. She looked at him like her prey, but a sense of adoration was present.

Tanjiro curled his fingers into Kimiona's hair, combing through the soft strands. She leaned in, almost touching his lips with her own.

"May I?" The demon breathed. Wordlessly, Tanjiro nodded.

They closed their eyes as their lips made gentle contact. Tanjiro shivered at how soft the kiss was, and Kimiona felt a warmth bloom in her chest.

It was brief, and Kimiona pulled away to rest her forehead on his. "We will both be damned to hell for this..." Tanjiro smiled and shook his head.

"Maybe..." his finger twisted some of the demon's long hair, "but I don't think I'd mind." She smiled softly at his response before dipping in for another kiss.

Just then, the door opened. To the new perspective, it looked like Kimiona was eating Tanjiro. "Get off of him!" She exclaimed before hitting the demon with the handle of her sword and then yanking her off.

Blinking, the lower moon wiped her mouth while staring at Shinobu with confusion. Tanjiro sat up, blushing intensely. "Shinobu-San it's not- what it looks like?" He had slowed down from embarrassment by the end.

The butterfly hashira frowned slightly, "oh." Her arms crossed, "you know you can't do that right? It's forbidden, disgusting, and who knows when it'll snap and eat you on impulse."

Kimiona could feel the anger boiling over in the woman, and Tanjiro was melting from nerves. The demon stood to her full height, making Shinobu look up to see her. Normally, Kimiona was hunched over to feel less imposing to the humans.

Both demon slayers felt the sudden shift in the demon's energy. It pressed down on their chests, all around them the air hummed with energy.

"Leave. Now." The demon demanded, staring her opponent straight in the eye. The voice was deep, not at all like her normal childish one. Shinobu crossed her arms with a pointed look.

"Let's go Tanjiro, you need to get your wounds treated." The boy nodded and ducked past the demon, only making eye contact as the door closed behind them.

🌸
I can't write as fast as I post ;-; uh oh. -Shayleigh