{5}

For the next 6 months, Tanjiro trained with Urokodaki. He worked hard, often sore and tired the next day. The boy always thought of Nezuko and Kimiona. He almost thought of the powerful demon as a family member as much he thought of Nezuko as one.

At first, the she demon was very frightening and confusing to him. She had an aura of terrifying intensity. It shook him to the bones, worse than any demon he had seen before.

But now she seemed less scary and more like a mother figure. Even on the days she appeared in the middle of the night bloody and heaving, it brought a smile to Tanjiro's face. They seemed closer every day.

The pupil tuned into what Urokodaki was saying when he paused suddenly. "We have to go back to the cabin." Was all Urokodaki said before leaving Tanjiro in the forest.

Anxiety instantly overcame the boy, so he ran after his teacher.

When he stepped inside, Kimiona was being chained by multiple demon slayers. She stopped struggling when the boy's foot stepped through the door.

She begged, "I don't want to leave. Don't make me leave. Let go," she said hysterically. Her struggling got worse as she repeatedly said, "let go." Tanjiro was stopped by Urokodaki.

"It's going to be okay, she is going to meet the leader of the demon slayer corps. and the hashira." By now, Kimiona was silently crying. Her struggling stopped and she slumped on the floor.

The eight people trying to detain her let out sighs of relief.

One walked up to Tanjiro and Urokodaki, "sorry to barge in, but we were ordered to detain it as soon as possible. We will sedate it, put it on the cart and leave once the sun goes down." Urokodaki nodded.

He turned to me, "say your goodbyes, you may never see her again." Tanjiro nodded sadly. It was too bad Nezuko wouldn't have the chance to say goodbye.

The boy got the upset demon's attention by lifting her chin up gently. He gave her a gentle smile before wrapping his arms around her large figure. She smelled like fresh strawberries and rain, making Tanjiro's heart flutter. She returned the hug to the best of her abilities. The demon was chained together after all.

"Don't worry Kimiona, everything will be alright. Just tell the truth and be yourself." Kimiona nodded. A piece of her long black hair fell into her face, so Tanjiro tucked the strand behind her ear.

Warmth radiated from his cheeks at the intimate action. Kimiona reacted by lifting her hands up. A demon slayer tried jerking them back down to protect the boy, but her hands stayed strong. The lower moon put her hands on his cheeks and gave the boy a soft kiss on the lips.

Neither pulled away immediately, instead Tanjiro was frozen in shock. He savored the feeling of her soft lips on his, despite his surprise.

Kimiona gently moved her lips against the boy's, adoring the happiness she felt.

She felt happy.

It was a strange feeling, to be happy. She pulled away soon enough, not wanting to make him more uncomfortable.

Urokodaki cleared his throat awkwardly, getting the demon's attention. She also noticed that the other demon slayers were very embarrassed and surprised by the physical exchange between her and Tanjiro. They shifted on their feet nervously, uncomfortable being in the room with her.

Tanjiro seemed just as surprised as the demon slayers, but Kimiona could sense his pleasure and joy from it as well.

"It's dark," Urokodaki said plainly. The demon slayer's nodded before leading Kimiona outside. To their surprise, the demon went willingly, but not happily.

The massive demon was tied down to a cart and covered very carefully with a blanket. One of the demon slayers, a girl that must have taken watch outside, peeked her head under the blanket.

"Are you comfortable enough?" She asked Kimiona curiously. The demon struggled in response.

"I guess, thank you," she responded in her childish voice. The demon slayer girl nodded and put the blanket down.

Then the caravan began to move.