Day 3.3 | moral dilemma

Start from the beginning

Abdullah asks everyone to get out the assigned article. The one I have yet to read. I glance up with an inward groan.

Wait a second.

Tanya was forced into a big, empty vehicle. At least that's what it looked like. The perp grabbed her off the playground and shoved her inside a truck. I just wish I knew what kind. Then I could narrow my search down.

Okay, so far so good

Okay, so far so good. Anything else?

I drum my fingers against my desk, so much so that the guy in front of me turns around and whispers, "Do you mind?"

"Sorry." I stop the drumming, biting down my lip with embarrassment.

To distract myself, I briefly wonder what Mark, Rosario, and Teegan are up to. If they're battling demons and dragons in my honor or just bored out of their minds.

My shoulders stiffen.

I remember something Tanya said. Something that gives me chills just thinking about it.

When we first met, she mentioned seeing demons and how much they scared her. She said she'd spend the whole night in the sewer tunnels until light came. But then she mentioned another scary figure. The "really bad monster" that came to the playground frequently.

But here's the thing. Demons avoid light. It hurts their skin too much. So I don't think Tanya was talking about a demon. I think she was referring to the killer. And if that's the case, it means he's gone back to the park several times to pick out more victims.

BINGO.

That's where I'll find this son of a bitch. At the park, looking for his next victim.

A gallon of relief fills my chest

A gallon of relief fills my chest. This feels good, writing these details down. It feels like I'm getting somewhere.

For the rest of the class, I search truck drivers that frequent Jefferson Park. Not much comes up on the first land. So I'm forced to visit the City of Phoenix webpage and hunt down all of its partners and sponsors. The list is exhaustive but I jot down some notable ones.