He curls up into a ball and snores softly. Kaede takes a photo to tease him later for it, snickering and gets into the driver's seat soon after. The doors automatically shut, the locks clicking. The car drives off, hitting 60 almost immediately. The dashboard lights up. "I'm Sideswipe."

"Kaede," he replies. "Cade, if you can't pronounce it."

"Cool name," Sideswipe replies. "Sorry for kidnapping you two, I didn't think anyone would be up here at this time of night."

"Wrong place, wrong time," he sighs, crossing his arms as he leaned back. "What was that? Or... who was that?"

"That was a Decepticon, they're the bad guys," Sideswipe's voice reverberated from the dashboard.

"And you're the good guys?"

"I think so, I mean we don't kill humans like the Decepticons do. Optimus makes it so we have proper respect for life here on this planet."

"Optimus?"

"You'll meet him soon, he's the leader of the Autobots. He'll answer all of your questions." He then sees Sideswipe's rear view mirror adjust itself and reveal a car tailing them from behind. "Hold on," he then says as he presses on the gas more and swerves off to a back road. He speeds up and races down the empty road before hitting the highway towards San Francisco. He weaves in and out of traffic before eventually exiting off, heading towards a military base.

The base comes into view and Kaede grows nervous as the security clearance gate grows closer and closer. The guards are fully armed and he slips back in his seat.

"Ouh, man, where are we?" Chris' voice says from behind as he sits up. When the guards hear him, they surround the car. The guards have patches on them that say NEST. "Uh... Cade...?" Chris says, looking towards Kaede with a panicked look.

"Relax, guys, these two are with me," Sideswipe says. The guards relax and step away, the gate opening after a few moments of silence. Sideswipe drives forward, the three entering the base. Kaede looks out the window as they pass by, soldiers running. Sideswipe then drives up to the flight hangar, various vehicles strewn about and government agents walking about the area.

Sideswipe continues to drive further in before stopping at what seems to be a pit stop. Looking around there is a red GMC Topkick, a yellow 1980 Camaro with black racing stripes, a white and orange ambulance, a white and blue Porsche, a red and white Ducati, a yellow Lamborghini similar to Sideswipe and a white repair van with green and red highlights.

Sideswipe slows to a stop and opens the doors, Kaede and Chris both getting out. As soon as the two get out, Sideswipe transforms out of his altmode and stretches. Once Sideswipe transforms, the rest of the vehicles surrounding Chris and Kaede transform. Soon the two find themselves surrounded by giant robots taller than Sideswipe.

"Oh my god," Chris breathes. Behind them is the sound of a semi truck driving into the hangar and slowing to a stop.

"Sideswipe, why did you bring two civilians into the base?" the ambulance asks. He seemed to be glaring at both Kaede and Chris.

"They saw me kill a Decepticon on one of the mountain passes and another one was following, so I took them here before the Con got to them." There's a release of air from behind that interrupts the group.

Kaede whirls around and watches as gears turn, the red and blue 1980 Freightliner cabover transforming into the tallest robot around. Chris yelps in surprise and falls on his ass. The semi truck's head comes into view, blue finials adorned on the side as a blue helmet like apparatus covers his head. A grey mask covers his mouth. Kaede can't even believe the thought that goes through his mind when he sees him. Attractive.

"Given that these two may have been in danger, you made the right decision, Sideswipe," the tall Cybertronian says, his voice deep and gravelly. His gaze then lands on both Chris and Kaede. The tall robot kneels down, blue optics trained on the two. "I am Optimus Prime, we are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron, I am the leader of this group we call the Autobots. We are here to protect the life that exists on this planet and to take refuge. You have been taken here to be under our protection from the Decepticons that have seen you." Swallowing down any embarrassment and nervousness under this robot's gaze, Kaede speaks.

"Thanks," Kaede replies flatly. "Do you always take civilians here or are we a special case?"

"Sideswipe was being pursued by another Decepticon, had that Decepticon made their way to you, they would have used you as a way for Sideswipe to lower his guard,"

Optimus replies. "I must apologise for getting you caught up in this mess, we never meant for humans to be mixed up in the mess we have brought to this planet."

"So what, do we just stay with you till this all clears up?" he then asks.

"Normally, we would return you to your home after NEST has cleared you and you will be monitored from afar regarding any Decepticon activity. Usually instances such as this are only a one time thing."

"Oh," Chris says aside in a dejected manner.

"May I ask your names before you're sent back home?"

"I'm Kaede," Kaede says.

"Chris," Chris pipes up.

"Hey!" a man's voice shouts down the hangar, approaching the Autobots. "Want to tell me why there's two civilians on the base?"

"They got caught up in a fight between a Decepticon and Sideswipe," the ambulance huffs. "Now they're here and soon will be leaving." He looks down towards Kaede and Chris.

"Oh, come on, Ratchet, lighten up," Sideswipe frowns.

"I can't believe you let those guys sit in you," the yellow Lamborghini grumbles.

"I couldn't just leave them there, Sunny!"

"Sideswipe protected these humans, do not reprimand him for that," Optimus says sternly. "Colonel Lennox, these two will be escorted home once we establish a connection with them to monitor any further Decepticon activity."

"Alright, time for some more office work then," Lennox says. "You two, follow me."

Kaede and Chris obey, following Lennox down to the office part of the hangar. Kaede looks back towards the Autobots, him and Optimus making eye contact before he breaks it abruptly, face warm and heart racing. He knew what this feeling was.

Lennox opens the door and lets the two in, sitting them down and leaving them alone in silence.

"Dude, we just met aliens," Chris finally says, breaking the silence. Kaede rolls his eyes. "How are you not freaking out about this?"

"I kinda figured they existed."

"Yeah but not like that! I mean. Do you think any of our cars are those guys?"

"If they were I think we'd be in a lot more trouble."

The door opens and what seems to be an office worker enters and sits down across from the duo.

"So. We're gonna have to go over some things before we send you back home. Things such as address, identification like driver's licence, and a phone number we have in case to check up on you."

"And I'm assuming we have to keep our mouth shut about this whole thing?" Kaede asks.

"You happened to stumble upon a government secret so yes, we'll be asking you to not tell anyone about this classified information."

"Otherwise you'll arrest us?" he sighs.

"You can be tried for treason."

"We won't say anything, promise," Chris says.

"Good, then the rest of this will go smoothly."

After a long hour of going through paperwork and forms, signing NDAs and whatnot, the two find themselves back at home.

As the pair stand in the driveway, they contemplate what just happened earlier, before looking at each other and don't say anything. After a few moments of silence, Kaede finally speaks up.

"Dude, we gotta get your car."