10; It's a siblings thing.

Start from the beginning

"Never say that again." Aadil warned, a finger pointed in the man's direction. His tone might've been light, but the look on his face screamed he was serious.

He finds it extremely weird for a guy to say that to another. Girls make it so simple to express their affections. Guys though, that isn't their thing. It will never be because it's just outright weird.

They would rather insult each other to their faces, that's their form of normality-not whatever rubbish this clown came along with this time around.

Aadil could swear it's always one form of drama after another whenever the clown returns home. Sometimes he can't help but wonder how someone can be capable of that much energy in him.

"Alright. I'll take silence as your love language. Got it." The guy nodded to himself, as if making a mental note-actually taking what he said seriously.

Aadil's eyes narrowed even more, as he sucked in a breath through his teeth. He seemed to be two seconds away from throwing something again at the man hell-bent on getting on his nerves.

Lucky for the said man, there was nothing beside him that he could throw again. He could use the sofa cushions, but that would make the place messy and he hates a messy place.

When he got a wide, cheeky grin in response, he found himself staring at the man-wondering how his life got entangled with such a man. It has to be some sort of bad luck; it just has to be.

Realizing no threat could work on him, he sighed and leaned back on the couch; his annoyed expression never disappearing. "What are you doing here, Aahil?"

Aahil gave him a half shrug. "What? I can't even visit my brother anymore?" He hummed in question. He knew the answer. Of course, he could visit but if it's up to Aadil, then he would rather hear from at most two times a year and that's it.

It's nothing personal. It's just Aahil isn't well reversed in the art of staying in one's lane and out of his business. He's probably the one person in the world that was capable of doing such a thing to him without being scared.

Well, him and... Aadil dismissed the thought before it drifts far. He doesn't want to venture down that path.

"I don't want to see your face."

"Too bad. I want to see yours." A mischievous look flicked across the man's features, his smile widening. "In fact, I'm dying to do so."

Aadil's mouth fell open for a brief second. Growing up with some as annoying as Aahil, he was supposed to be used to the man's character; and he is. But, there are still times that he wonders just what exactly goes on in that clown's mind that he doesn't understand the simple art of stopping something when asked to.

There's something he fails to understand though. It's that the more he asks Aahil not to, the more he actually does it simply for the fun of getting under the man's skin. Or as he likes to say it, It's a siblings thing. It's his job as his sibling to annoy him, and he surely takes that job seriously.

Somehow finding the strength to press his lips close again, Aadil racked his brain in an attempt to find a way to send the clown out of his home. Only one thing came to mind; and without giving much of a thought, he found himself voicing it. "Please leave."

"Am I hearing you right?" Aahil's face scrunched up in feigned confusion, and then he leaned forward slightly. "Please repeat that. I think I just heard the Aadil Bashir Kari saying the 'p' word. I'm hallucinating right? This ain't real."

Truth be told, his overdramatic act is on point. Aadil and saying the word 'please' don't go down the same path. Sure, there are times he needs to say it to be polite. But other than that, he never says it. Not when it comes to asking others to do stuff.