(I would have told you if something happened, don't be tense.)

"Pakka?" Aaban's eyes roam over her features as he takes her hand up to his mouth, placing delicate kisses on her knuckles.

(Sure?)

"Kya hua?" Kainaat asks him.

(What is it?)

"Iss tarah nahi raho Kainaat, meri rooh kaanp jaati hain tumhe aise dekh kar." Aaban sighs and rests his forehead on hers.

(Don't be like this Kainaat, my soul shakens up seeing you like this.)

"Tum Aaban siddiqui ki biwi ho, mai malkiyat hoon tumhari. Tumhe kisi se nahi darna hain." Aaban murmurs and kisses her forehead, his arm sliding on her waist flushing her against him.

(You are the wife of Aaban Siddiqui, you own me! You should not be afraid of anyone.)

Kainaat smiles and rests her head on his chest, his heartbeat soothing her nerves.

"Mujhse kuch nahi chupana Naat, mai tumhari koi cheez se na khabar nahi rehna chahta."

(Never hide anything from me Naat, I don't want to be unaware of your situations.)

"Koi badi baat nahi hain Aaban!" Kainaat exasperated, now irritated at his repeated questions.

(There is nothing Aaban!)

"Theek hain!" Aaban's chest rumbles as he lets out a deep laugh which sends a swarm of butterflies in Kainaat's stomach.

(Okay fine.)

Just as they separate, a knock resonates in the room. Aaban moves back and opens the door to see Washma standing there.

"Bhai neeche chalein, Adayjaan kab se pooch rahe hain. Aise kaise koi apni rasm chod kar aata hain?" Washma asks him in one breath.

(Come downstairs, Adayjaan is asking for you. Why did you leave amidst the rituals?)

"Adayjaan se toh nahi kehsakta, Ammi ne poocha toh kehna apni biwi ke paas tha." Aaaban mutters and storms out of the room.

(Can't answer back to her but if mom asks, tell her I was with my wife.)

"Waah ji! Biwi ke paas tha? Khud hi kehdein toh behtar hoga mujhe chittar nahi khani." Washma jokes.

(Wow! I was with my wife? Tell them yourself, I don't want to hear from them.)

"Chalein neeche?" Washma comes beside her and holds her arm who nods at her.

(Lets go?)

The function was all wrapped up with Adayjaan throwing glares at Aaban every once in a while which amused him to no end.

It was late night and everyone was fast asleep. Kainaat's eyes were wide open, she wasn't able to get a wink of sleep.

Huffing, she gets up, stuffs her feet in bunny slippers and marches downstairs.

The whole haveli was dimly lit with the moonlight coming through the windows.

She slowly steps down the last stair and marches towards the kitchen to soothe her hunger.

She steps in and switches on the light. Her eyes lit up at the jar of nutella kept on the shelf. Taking out the bread she spreads the nutella on the slice whilst looking at it adoringly.

Taking a heap full of nutella, she gobbles it down and closes the lid not aware of the silhouette watching everything from behind in mirth.

She turns towards the door and lets out a squeak, seeing a shadow. The slice drops on the floor from her hands.

𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐫𝐚𝐭✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें