Chapter 207+208

Anor 5th, 3330 A.G

  As a child she'd despised the sight of it, not because of her grandparents(though they played a part)- but because she didn't think of it as home. Now, she were forced to think so- even though House Ashhand would eventually be avenged.

  So it were a relief when the place finally came into sight, it's outer walls all but complete and the main gate set in place.  Kroban, Dedori, and Narenian  patrolled the walls, not because of any real or current threat- but because they'd needed something to do. Behind her the giants trailed, then the Kaelesi and Narenian with sellswords mixed in. Nara couldn't begin to say where Tuyon or Uwen rode, as she couldn't care less- while Drogo rode alongside her.

  She'd come to know him as a friend over the weeks, no matter if she paid him or not.

  Behind them and on the walls, her people cheered. For the reunion; and the fact that their queen was visibly with child. An heir. Someone for their own children to follow.

  The gate was up a hundred paces before they reached it, and Renard smiled. He could do without the battles, but watching his wife get the love and respect she deserved was something else. She-

  "The Queen and King have returned!" A soldier on the walls shouted to those below. "The Queen and King...."

  Renard very briefly frowned. This was supposed to be her moment, not his.

  Nara reached for him, stopping nightmare for only a moment. "They cheer for you too because they know what you've accomplished in Dedor. Accept it."

  That would take a while, a lifetime perhaps... but one day he would grow used to the cheers. He hoped.

  On the short ride to the square, they said a few words to as many as they could. It wouldn't take long, but those people would remember their king and queen spoke to them the rest of their lives. They would tell that story to their children, and it would help their names live on if everything else didn't.

  Nara would have given a speech at the steps of the main home, but she were exhausted- and had every reason to be. None would blame her for falling into a long sleep.

  She commanded the giants to sit by the stables and dismounted her horse as many did the same. Renard had started to help her down, yet she all but ignored him when she saw Andre speed-walking their way.

  It weren't lost on Renard that he hugged her first and for longer- but who could blame either? They'd spent more time together in the last months, and he'd been there when she found out about Tuyon. And when Andre were told of the pain he'd caused his friend.....

  Nara were the first to pull away, Andre the first to look down at her stomach.

  "A lot has happened?" He raised an eyebrow, eyes flickering between the two. They stood closer than before, something in both of their eyes.....

  Something he and Imania had shared.

  "Not all of it good." Nara replied, holding onto the forming belly. "I will tell you about it all eventually, or someone else will- but for now I wish to relive nothing. His throne?"

  "Finished and waiting." A large smile spread across Andre's face as he all but grabbed them and ran. Nara couldn't help but smile again; this were a side of Andre she hadn't seen in a very long time. They walked through the main home's hallways together, the soldiers slowly trickling in and following. Eventually, they would pack the great hall, the hallways and every other room full. Servants would scramble to feed them all with no notice, but would do so happily.

A War Of Traitors( ARTK, Book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें