Chapter 167+168

Ocono 29th, 3329 A.G

  At times, Vanora wondered what the point of her visions were. The gods did not allow her to share most of them, so there weren't anything she could do about them. Then she'd come to her senses again- and remember what a gift it were. This time was no exception.

She remembered opening her eyes, believing she'd woken up- and yet here she were. This was a room she'd never seen before, belonging to some nobleman or lady- with a great view she did not recognize. The furniture were well carved but not detailed with too much gold- so one of the poorer territories perhaps?

Something told her to look out the window again and down- so she did. She saw a man and welcoming party walking with the young woman she'd seen before- her hair down freely again. She seemed happier too- so Vanora wondered if she were in a time long before or long after her last vision.

  Again, no one seemed to see her. She could hear nothing from where she were, so she waited. The gods always sent her where she were meant to be. It could've been moments or hours that she were alone, listening to the occasional footsteps in the hallway- but eventually the knob did turn. Eventually, she got a better look at the lord. He had many features of a Beran man- but a Prarisian nose. He were a few years older than the familiar lady- though his identity were clear at their first words.

"Lord Geffri-" The woman smiled. "I thank you for your hospitality. I.... do not deserve it."

  "Nonsense-" He shook his head, gesturing for her to sit as he did the same. Still- neither saw Vanora's standing a few paces away. "Our parent's old fights do not mean we must hate one another."

  "They had every reason to hate one another." Lord Geffri shrugged, pouring a glass of wine for her. "With what my father helped do...."

  "No-"The young woman interrupted. "I don't wish to talk about it. It was...out of his control. What did you call me here for, Lord?"

  Lord Geffri....Geffri Rand?

  Lord Aenor Rand's second son?

  Geffri paused for a moment before pouring his own glass. Nervousness took over, as the next moments could change how his people and descendants saw him as a ruler. The girl before him were beautiful, but grew more and more fierce with each passing day if rumors could be believed. If his words were taken the wrong way.... He'd likely not leave the chamber alive.

  "You... are above me." He said. "I know this, and I know I am not my father. I'm not a warrior, nor a good advisor.... and the creature that made him who he was already takes your orders. I can, however- promise you this......."

  Lord Geffri took a very, very small sip of the Cralonese grape. He stood again and kneeled before the lady's chair, a seriousness about him. "With me by your side you will never have to worry of whether or not a war is imminent. You must be tired of the fighting- with... everything that happened in your childhood."

  The lady smiled, though her tone was jesting. "You made me come all this way for a weak proposal?"

  "I...." Lord Geffri seemed to forget the rest of his speech.

  "Do you take me for some lady of a minor house with nothing better to do?"

  "No, of course not I would-"

  "I don't know how many times you hit your head as a child or for how long you lived in your father's shadow, but I would hope you're smarter than to believe you actually had a chance." She smirked, both cruelly and in amusement. "I have matches lined up from each major house. One from your cousin Jeffroy, if I'm not mistaken."