Chapter 8: Roars Of The Storm

ابدأ من البداية

Y/n shifted his gaze to his feet and found the lost under the thick veil of clouds. He smiled knowingly. Mystogan was ablut to get serious.

Laxus was also slowly getting engulfed by the mist, but he didn't budge from his spot as the mad grin on his face remained intact.

Laxus: Cute trick. At least, I know who to call for my children's birthday parties. Trust me, you would serve as excellent clown.

Mystogan's only response was hunching his back as wooden sticks of all sorts, shot out of his cloak.

Laxus narrowed his eyes before he felt an unconscious gasp leave his mouth. They were not ordinary sticks of wood. They were staves, Magic Staves to be specific.

Laxus: So you finally decided to bring them out, didn't you?

Laxus arched an eyebrow at the mysterious wizard with a cocky smirk plastered on his face.

The wooden staves protectively circled around their master. Slowly reaching out his hand, he plucked one of the staves out of the air.

As if one cue, the other staves charged at Laxus. The sheer velocity was too difficult to perceive for a naked eye.

Thankfully, Laxus had senses far superior than any ordinary person. He quickly crossed on arm over the other and braced for impact.

However, the blow never came as the staves suddenly turned their trajectory before planting themselves around the Lightning wizard.

Laxus was perplexed by Mystogan's attack. Weren't the staves suppose to hit him, isn't that entire reason they were hurled at him in the first place.

Mystogan: I suppose you don't exactly use your mind in battle, because if you did, you would have seen this coming.

Laxus whipped around to punch Mystogan who had capitalized on the moment of confusion to sneak up on him.

Sadly, he was a little too late as Mystogan smashed the pole of his stave against the floor.

Memoir Magic: Skyscraper!!!

The moment the chant was finished. The entire cathedral was engulfed in a flash of white light.

Laxus opened his eyes as he felt wind flying against his face. He gasped as he registered his surroundings. He was shooting straight up into the sky with no signs of stopping.

The Kardia cathedral along with the entire town of Magnolia seemed to be getting smaller and smaller in his vision.

And before knew, Laxus found himself in the middle of the exosphere. His head whipped around frantically as he tried to find a way to escape his current predicament.

He continued his vain efforts until a sound of cracking resounded in his ears.

*Growl*

Laxus froze. The hair on the back of his head stood tall as a nervous sweat trailed down his neck. He slowly turned his head and came face to face with the creature from his nightmares as a kid.

The beast was of massive proportions, so much so that only the upper end of his body was visible. Its entire body was covered in reptilian scales with two long, slender and unguiculate hands. Its mouth was adorned with rows of razor- sharp fangs.

The monster snarled at Laxus with its two blood red eyes staring him down with a predatory gleam.

With his body refusing to obey his commands, Laxus could do nothing but remain frozen at his spot. He had never felt this powerless in his entire life.

The creature didn't seem to care about the thoughts of the lightning wizard and opened its gigantic maw, ready to swallow the wizard whole. It reared its head back before lunging at Laxus.