Strong feelings lead to headaches

5

"A bet?" Changbin's confused stare on him made him want to laugh.

"That's too much for today... My gods." Felix took his hands to his hair, evidently trying to figure out what to think of everything he had just found out.

Chan shrugged, leaning on the chair and sighing. He could feel his hands tremble under table, his pounding heart in the wait of a judgement from his friends.

He hadn't told the story before because he knew he would be judged and probably the perspective about him of his most adored people in the world could change, for worst. He didn't want that.

He didn't want them to hate him over some stupid decisions he had taken as a teenager who peaked in highschool. He didn't want to be taken as the same person he was before: he had grown up and had gone to therapy.

He had changed, and he wanted to be known as the person he had fought so hard to become.

But now that Minho appeared again in his life he could no longer hide the past under the rug.

"Minho... He bet on you?" Jisung asked, scratching his chin.

Chan turned to Jisung, gifting him a sad smile.

"Yeah. Some of his friends and him made a bet that Minho couldn't keep the new guy for a year and Minnie was determined to prove them wrong." Chan explained, his mouth twisting in an awkward grin.

"How did you find out?" Changbin asked, resting his arms on the table, crossing eyes with a worried and exhausted Felix.

"His best friend told me about it when we were hanging out at a party." Chan remembered that day clear as water: Minho had gone to the bathroom and in the meanwhile he and Minho's best friend back then, under all the alcohol he had consumed already, confessed to have bet over their relationship two years before.

His world had shattered in pieces in a couple of seconds in which he could not explain what happened to him.

Furious, hurt, betrayed, raged and resentful. All of those emotions getting together to sober him up instantly, a desperate need of answers overcame him yet when Minho came back with the biggest smile on him to wrap Chan's waist in his arms in the shape of a hug, doubts overcame him.

Doubts and anxieties he would never find answers for, because even if he had stayed with Minho a year more he did not have the gut to ask.

If he had asked maybe things would've been less painful for both of them.

"Yeah... It's a crazy story." Chan shrugged, trying to calm down the air. He noticed that story had everyone tensed up and if he could do anything to lighten things up he would do for sure.

"It's sounds like a drama novel or something..." Changbin laughed, a small awkward laugh that relieved some tension.

Felix laughed as well, nodding.

"Was he a good boyfriend?" Changbin asked, gaining a warning look from Jisung.

Chan rested on the chair, looking up with a frown to think.

"Yeah. Well... At the beggining no, but for two years he was the best. We just slacked during the last year. Other than that I think we could've worked probably." Chan admitted, shaking his head. "What a crazy story. Teenagers have so much energy for drama."

Jisung laughed softly, nodding but his eyes kept on the food on the table.

Felix was about to open his mouth again but Changbin immediately elbowed him gently, shaking his head.