Four

Min's Residence

"Hello kids!" Taehyung said chirpily as he entered the house. The house was finely decorated with colorful paper ribbons and balloons and looked warm and welcome. Jimin had lit some candles which made the house look homely, cozy and nice. The smiles on their faces brought a bigger one on Taehyung's face too.

"Happy Birthday kiddo", Taehyung wished Yoonmin and hugged him warmly. Jimin's son was always like his own and the kid was fond of this uncle too.

"Thank You uncle", Yoonmin thanked happily and soon ran away, grabbing the gift from Taehyung's hands.

"Go now yoon, have fun and don't be naughty!" Jimin warned before he shooed them away lovingly, letting them have some fun on their own.

Jimin moved to Busan from Daegu around 6 years back after his graduation and married Yoongi. Min Yoongi, Jimin's husband and Taehyung's well wisher. He is a caring and loving man in his mid thirties who loves his husband too much  though he doesn't show any of it Taehyung knows that he is a sweet man. They were in touch with Taehyung until Taehyung one day suddenly declared that he would fly to US immediately after he graduated from the business school.

But his return to Korea eventually brought back the long lost friends together to never be separated again. Taehyung would visit them often when he'd travel for work to Busan.

"Thanks for coming taehyung", jimin said.

"When did you start being so courteous huh?" Taehyung chided.

"Oh..Just today! And It's only when I get a little emotional on seeing you."

Taehyung tightly hugged Jimin, he had missed his soulmate too much.

"Chim where is Yoongi hyung?"

"Yoongi will be back in a while. He had to rush one of his colleague's mother to the hospital." Jimin said.

"Oh! Hope nothing serious?", Taehyung inquired. "No, nothing he just called sometime back and said he is on his way back", Jimin continued while he sat besides Taehyung on the couch.

Moments passed by and Taehyung sat quietly for a while when suddenly Jimin asked worriedly, "How long are you going to stay this way taetae?"

Taehyung looked up with empty eyes in response.

He sighed in slight frustration due to helplessness. "You need to move on... I don't understand how can such a powerful man like you be so weak and so...so vulnerable?"

Yet again Taehyung remained silent. He sat on the edge of the couch slightly leaning forward with both his arms resting on his knees as he listened to Jimin silently. He was half listening to him as Jungkook's sudden appearance after so many years and his thoughts occupied his mind.

There was so much going on within him, despite being a man with mighty powers that people only covet for, he felt suddenly powerless who could do nothing. He cursed and blamed himself for what he saw of Jungkook. The guilt was known to him and none.

Running his hand roughly through his hair he laughed suddenly and looked up at Jimin who was surprised and said, "You know chim, life is just not fair... it always takes away the most coveted thing of your life and when you start learning to live without it, it...", he paused and looked away from him. Jimin did see his grief stricken eyes and the traces of the little smile long gone.

Jimin could read pain and a mute plea in his eyes. He placed a comforting hand on his and sensed something different in Taehyung today, unlike every time he spoke to him about moving ahead in life. He would always be lost and confined to himself, but today something was different, he had voiced his feelings for the very first time.
Jimin felt as if someone had freshly stabbed again on those wounds that had healed long ago.

Togetherness again ✅जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें