Chapter 2

My mom rushed into the school and to the principal's office. She looked at me coldly and sat next to me. 

"What's happened?" She asked, slightly out of breath from rushing inside. 

"Gabriella was caught in a fight this morning. she has assaulted two girls in the grade. We usually expel kids that do this, but because her record is clean, we will suspended her for two weeks," my principal, Mr. Wellington, stated coldly. 

"Excuse Mr. Wellington, the school year ends in three weeks. Please let this one slide, she can't afford to miss two weeks then jump straight into finals, she could fail," my mother pleaded. 

"Since her grades are looking good right now, we can exempt her from all finals. In that case, she will not show up to school for the last three weeks, but she will be allowed to attend next year," Mr. Wellington bargained. 

"That's fine, I guess" My mother stated, clearly not wanting to push the offer. 

Mr. Wellington smiled and handed her paper work to fill out. As she was completing her paperwork, I was sent to clean out my locker. I walked out the office and towards my locker. The halls were deserted, so I could wallow in my self-pity and take as long as I like.

I took my bag and threw my books inside. I tore the pictures from my locker wall and stuff them in my bag too. I looked to my right to see Thomas' locker. Just his locker alone made me break into tears. How could he not believe me? We're supposed to be like two peas in a pod. Maybe, he was trying to leave just like dad. 

My mom gently touched my shoulder, urging me to leave with her. I closed my locker and trudged behind her. I went and unchained my bicycle very quickly, then placing it in the back of my mom's grey Range Rover. I slid into the passenger seat and rode in silence all the way home. 

"I have to go back to work. We'll talk when I get back home." She said, then practically threw me out the car. 

I quickly grabbed my bag before she sped off and walked up to our garage. I punched in the code and entered the house through the garage. Once I got in, I immediately changed into some sweatpants and a shirt. Then, I joined my dog, Lola, on the couch to watch some tv. This day couldn't possibly get worse. 

Stella POV

Gabriella and Thomas were the world's greatest gift to me, but oh how I wished I had someone to help me with them. Sometimes, they could be a handful and I have no idea what to say or do. 

I pulled back into my spot at work and walked back inside. I am an interviewer for a very top notch magazine. I sit down and have long conversations with many celebrities a day. I had exactly 20 minutes before my next interview with "5 Seconds of Summer". The name sounded familiar, but  I paid no never mind to it. I sat at my desk and got all my questions together and reran all of them in my head. 

5 minutes before the meeting, I sat in the conference room making sure everything was alright and trying to calm my nerves. Despite talking to A listers all day long, I still had major anxiety. As I straightened out my outfit, my assistant, Jody knocked on the door. 

"5 Seconds of Summer is here," she stated. I gave her a small smile, letting her know to let them in. 

I went to take a seat as the band strolled in. I was looking down at my questions, mentally praying to myself before I stated, "Hi, I'm Stella-"

"Stella Johnson," a voice that I thought I would never hear again stated. 

My head shot up to reveal the one and only Calum Hood. The father of my children and my ex-lover. With him, were my 3 ex-best friends, Ashton Irwin, Michael Clifford, and Luke Hemmings. I was in pure shock. No wonder I knew that name 5 Seconds of Summer, I was super close with all the members of the band. 

"How are you Stella? It's been way too long," Luke stated and gave me a hug.

I stayed completely still, not believing that any of this was real. I quickly snapped out of it, letting my professional side take over for the most part. 

"I-I'm good. How are you all?" I stuttered as I hug the rest of them, except for Calum. He had already taken a seat. 

"Good! Now, shall we get this interview started?" Ashton questioned me, sensing I was very uncomfortable. He always could read me like an open book. 

I started asking simple questions and writing everything down. Every now and then, Calum and I would steal a couple looks from each other, but I tried to ignore him as much as possible. 

"Can we stop this interview for a split second, so I can ask you a serious question?" Michael questioned. 

I nodded my head letting him know that he could continue with his question. 

"Why did you drop out of thin air on us?" He asked and my breath was caught in my throat. 

I stole a quick glance at Calum whose eyes were also very wide. Do I tell them that Calum and I ended on complicated terms and I cut them off? or do I completely lie? I was feeling like I was going to throw up. Before I could even answer, I got up and took off running towards the bathroom. 

I threw up all the contents in my stomach and started to cry a river. My assistant came rushing in and held my hair back for me. Once I was done, I sat on the ground and continued to cry. 

"P-please t-tell 5 Seconds of Summer I-I'm so sorry and t-that we n-need to r-reschedule," I tired my best to get out between sobs. 

She nodded and ran off. I eventually calmed myself down and texted my boss saying I had suddenly become extremely ill and that I would need the next couple of days off. She quickly replied with a "no problem". Once I mustered up enough courage, I went back to my office, grabbed my things, and drove home. 

When I got home, I completely passed Gabriella and went to my room. I changed into my pajama's and crawled into my bed. A bed that's meant for couples, but only occupied by little me. I was going to sleep this whole day away. 

Just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone buzzed, signaling a text message. 

Stel, I'm so sorry. Hopefully, we can rekindle our relationship one day. -C

I only proceeded to turn my phone completely off and screw my eyes shut. Eventually, I fell into a deep sleep.