Chapter Four: Prompt from Antiheroes Galore

When Rev's sister had been murdered by her boyfriend, and he had devoted months of his life to collecting evidence to convict him, then months more seeing the trial through, he also lost his girlfriend, parents, and any soft feelings he may have had. Rev had never been scared of dying, which basically translated into having no fear in general. With no one left to live for or to rely on him, there were no longer restrictions on what he could (or would) do. This made him very powerful and very dangerous. He felt like he had left his soul behind, and that his life before the murder was a completely different life from the one he led now.

Rev had enough malice, vengeance, and burning hatred for the evil in the world to do the things that the 'good guys' weren't willing to do; but he had enough of a moral code that he ended up fighting for the side of good. Honestly, it could have gone either way. Rev was perfectly comfortable swimming with the sharks, and no one did undercover like he did. Virtually undetectable as a mole, Rev took down well-orchestrated crime rings with a precision and accuracy so efficient that most didn't know who had gathered the intel that put them away.

When his friend Clint, at the FBI, asked him to pair up with a vigilante group on the Texas-Mexico border to find out how the government could unofficially help their cause, Rev leapt at the opportunity. These six highly trained men stopped trafficking convoys, disposed of the traffickers, and dispersed the victims into local homes to be integrated into the community and gain citizenship.

On their first run together, Rev was about to prove his abilities and gain their trust.

Around midnight, they heard vehicles approaching the valley where they were hidden. Luis verified with binoculars the trucks matched the description their contact gave. From their perch on either side of the dirt road, Tim and Jose each expertly took out the front tires on the three trucks.  As the trucks swerved, the end truck collided with the middle truck and stopped. The lead truck kept going. Tim picked out a rear tire and it swerved into the ditch. Everyone carefully and quickly descended on the convoy.

Rev approached the rear truck with Tim. The driver was slumped over the wheel but the passenger had an automatic pointed out the window. Rev took him out with a shot to the head before the man fired off any rounds.

Tim quickly and stealthily moved around to the back of the truck while Rev descended on the driver. He heard gunfire from one of the other trucks. He checked the unconscious driver for a pulse and found one. He ended it. 

Rapid gunfire and screaming exploded from the back of the truck he was at. Rev ducked and went around the side. The truck was covered with canvas rather than a hard top. He pulled the canvas back the tiniest bit on the side of the truck. There was a man at the tailgate firing out to where he assumed Tim was. Tim wouldn't be able to fire back with the women inside. Rev cautiously aimed his weapon through the crack and put a bullet through the back of the man's head.

There were more screams as the man fell out of the tailgate but Rev saw no more perps. He quickly checked the middle vehicle. They were all down. And the first. They were also all down. These guys were efficient, that was for sure.

Ip and Mace started bagging up the bodies and collecting weapons. Rev helped them with that while the other men spoke to the women in Spanish, getting them calmer and leading them away from the road to where they had two vans waiting. Luis and Jose squeezed the thirty-five women into two utility vans and took off to transport them to the safe houses, while the rest would dispose of bodies and trucks.

Zack and Dean quickly started changing tires so they would be drivable, removing VINs, plates, and any evidence of ownership or identification. They wiped them all down with a chemical solvent to remove prints or traces of blood.

The trucks were left with the keys in the ignition, on the outskirts of nearby towns. They would quickly disappear from there. The bodies were bagged up, weighted down with cement blocks, and dropped in a lake.  They would take the weapons back to the compound, strip them down, and use what they could. Finally, they wiped down their transport vans with the chemical cleaner, then the men all took turns clapping Rev on the shoulders or shaking his hand.

And Rev enjoyed it...he enjoyed it all.

#adventureinaction