35

It took all but seconds after she exploded around him for Nyx to throw her onto her stomach and take her again. By the time he sent her over the edge again, her entire body trembled. Her mind felt too full, wracked with the emotions she'd neglected for the past week. As much as she enjoyed being ravaged by him, she wanted to send a dagger into his chest as he came.

They slammed into her as hard as her second orgasm, feeling as though her chest and mind, her bones were crafted out of bricks and steel. Theia collapsed forward as they caught their breath, pressing her face into the blanket to shove down the suffocating feelings. She wanted to revel in the euphoria, but all that came to her was the sorrow and hatred she had pushed away.

Her pants quickened, and she wanted to scream at how they turned into sobs. She tucked her legs beneath her, grabbing the blankets in her fists. She prayed Nyx had walked away, that he'd left her to recover on her own. She should've known better.

His arm hooked around her waist, tugging her up. She tried to catch the blanket, to drag herself back to the bed, but the damned heir tucked her into his chest and climbed onto the bed. Despite herself, Theia grasped his neck and pressed her face into his sweat-slick chest. The tears burned like acid, her breath heaving and unsteady. Nyx held her as she cried, pressing occasional kisses into her hair.

Her nails dug into his neck. She hated how comforting his hold was; how desperately she needed it. He tucked her against him, simply accepting the way she clawed at his skin and sobbed into his heart. He hushed her, brushed his mouth over her hair. When her crying slowed, but her trembling remained, he brushed his thumb over her waist and hummed.

"It's not often that my cock sends a female into a mental breakdown."

She tore her nails from his skin and sent the side of her fist against the hard muscle of his chest. He just laughed, the sound filling Theia with dread.

"Cry all you want, hit me as much as you wish, I'm not going anywhere," he murmured, pressing another kiss into her messy hair. She tucked her legs in tighter, momentarily forgetting just how naked they both were. Nyx stayed true to his word, he didn't let her go until the trembling ceased and her breath leveled. Then, he laid her on the bed and tucked a blanket over her, whispering about how she should sleep while he made lunch.

Theia didn't sleep. She curled into her body, horrified that she'd fallen apart after Nyx bedded her. She was horrified that he held her- cradled her while she cried. She had missed the emotions so much, yet despised how quickly they switched. Theia breathed out heavily and pushed herself from the bed. Between her thighs ached, but she ignored it as she pulled another one of Nyx's shirts over herself and padded to the bathing chamber.

After cleaning herself, she followed the scent of warming food and went downstairs. Nyx was in only his undershorts as he cooked meat up for sandwiches. He glanced over his shoulder as she slid onto the stool, frowning at him.

"You've got puffy eyes, cry baby."

Her brows lowered into a glare before shifting her gaze to the counter, tracing the lines in the wood. Once again, she didn't know how to act. Nyx didn't say anymore as she studied the wood, distracting herself from having to speak with him. Not long after, a plate slid into her eyeline with a sandwich and a variety of cooked vegetables. Theia gave a grateful hum and began eating.

It took her until half the sandwich was gone to realize Nyx was leaning onto the counter, grinning at her. She frowned and sat the sandwich down. "What?"

"I didn't know I just had to fuck some sense into you in order for you to be yourself again," he shrugged. Theia glared at him, which caused his grin to widen.