Her facial expression became sad and you could see how she thought about what to answer now. But my father got ahead of her.

"Reyes.." he started and got up to go to the small table in the room where all the alcohol was.

Meanwhile, my eyes followed his movements as he poured himself some of the whiskey and took a sip before continuing.

"You have to understand that we're not doing it to harm you, quite the contrary, your mother and I have considered and find none of your siblings can take your post."

"Eliodoro can." I replied, still in a distant voice.

"No, he can't. He has enough to do himself and you know very well that even if Eliodoro resembles you, very much so, you have different character traits. He lacks what is necessary for the post, he is not a personality who wants to be in charge . He has built his own business which he runs himself and decides for himself and does not want to be above other people. He is in balance with people."

"I know that Eliodora has a different view of everything. But he is also someone who is not stupid and can learn quickly, give him 2-3 months and he will make it." I tried to persuade my father.

"Hijo, I know it's hard for you but-" (Son)

"What about Gael, he's only a year younger than us." I replied and wanted to name more examples, but my father continued.

"Reyes, stop. You won't find a solution and even if you do, I won't agree with it. Because I remain of the opinion that you are the only one of my successors who can lead this and you have to consider that you have come a long way without it accept any help. You will continue to make it in your life."

"I know I've worked my way up a lot, but I haven't worked my way up to share this with a woman I don't love." I replied to his attempt to convince me.

"I know Hijo, and I'm sorry too. But these are the rules of our world." my mother brought out in a voice that broke at the end and tears formed in her eyes.

"Love is a big word, you don't know what it is and when it's coming. But nobody expects you to love the woman you're going to contract with, it will be purely business. You don't have to live in the same house either, you can go on living as you please without having to see the other." my mother tried to convince me.

However, I still stared at the two without understanding. Because I don't want to understand the whole thing either, this topic is over.

"No madre." I replied and got up to leave the room. (Mom)

"Reyes, if you leave the room now, it won't change anything because we will find you a woman one way or another and you will marry her." came my father's menacing voice.

"The whole point of the contract is heirs that need to be generated." I stated and turned to them.

My mother knew in advance I wanted to go out and immediately got up to approach me.

"Yes, but nobody forces you to sleep with the woman. There are so many ways to have children these days." my mother spoke to me with tears in her eyes and cupped my right cheek with her delicate hand.

"What are you saying?" she asked me with tears in her eyes.

I couldn't stand to see my mother sad, let alone that it was my fault that she was in this state, but the only thing I wanted was to live my life the way I wanted it to be.

"Who?" I asked her, wiping away her tears.

"Mmm?" she hummed questioningly.

"I think you have a woman in mind, otherwise you wouldn't be here talking about a wedding." I mentioned.

"So, who is it?" I asked her and a small smile formed on her face.

"Do you remember the ball? The girl in the red dress?" she asked me with a gleam in her eyes.

"Yes, Ariadne Arvanitis." I replied and a grin immediately formed on her face.

"You researched her?" she asked me happily which made me look at her confused.

"Yes? And?" I asked, clearly confused.

The only thing she did was look at my father who gave her a raised eyebrow and then looked at me with a smile.

"Why her?" this time I asked mother.

She turned back to me and replied, "I don't know exactly, I just have a feeling that I know her and not just by sight but by heart, she doesn't just look familiar to me but her charisma and her Eyes that had a twinkle in their eyes that I've only seen once in my life. I was attracted to her, but I don't know why. And when you both danced together, you harmonized together as if it weren't the first time you were dancing together. All the little things that connected with each other simply fit together harmoniously. A harmony that nothing in this world would separate. She's a strong woman, you can see that on her face and I think you're missing that certain something that will complement you and her perfectly."

My mother has a very empathetic nature and I don't know how she does it, but she has always been able to see something in people that even the person themselves had never thought of as showing that in them.

"But what I'm wondering is, we've known Arvanitis for a very long time and he never said a word about the youngest daughter. I mean the whole mafia world was shocked when she suddenly entered the room and she doesn't look like Arvanitis either out of." mentioned my father.

"I have no idea, but I got the message that she is probably an adopted child and they just wanted to keep her secret because this world is new to her." my mother said.

"Maybe, but there's still something wrong with the whole story." my father replied to my mother's suggestion.

"Maybe, but that's a topic for another time. The point is, she's beautiful and a perfect match for our son." it escaped my mother.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I don't want you to forget that this is all just business." I replied monotonously.

"Yep, I know I know." was the only answer from her before she turned and walked towards my father who was still sitting on the sofa.

"When we're done here, I'll go to my bedroom to rest." I clarified.

"Ye- oh wait, one more thing. The whole thing will be anonymous. That means the family will find out that their daughter is being asked for marriage, but they don't know which family made the contract. That will only be found out when you show up there ." my father informed me.

"Okay, goodnight." were my last words before I left the living room and went to my room.

When I got to the bedroom, I carefully lay down on my bed without hitting my shoulder.

The first thing I did was close my eyes to take a deep breath and understand what happened today.

Why don't I have a boring life like all the people who get up in the morning, go to work, come home, sleep and go back to work.

But no, my life only revolves around events that you wouldn't believe at all that they would happen, but here I am and experience the life that some can only imagine.

The only thing that amuses me about this contract is the expression on the Pequeño Luchadors face when she sees me and has to accept that she's all mine from that day forward. (little fighters)

The only fear I have is that she will see some kind of love in this arrangement.

I'll have to disappoint her there, because apart from this paper, nothing will bind us together other than the signatures on it.

With the thoughts of the day when the whole thing is made known, I also drifted off to sleep.