cruelty

The day after the ball was as expected

heated.

I can understand that my mother is against the contacts between the Elegido and our family and also her outburst at the dance between Ariadne and Reyes.

But I'm still happy that Ariadne finally had a day when she could feel free.

I mean, for years she wasn't allowed to go out of the house because of the incident that happened 6 years ago.

6 years ago, my mother made a decision that not only got our family into trouble, but changed the whole mafia story.

The worst part is just that I have to lie to my brothers, Ariadne and my father who is always there for us and does everything for us just to make us thrive in this world.

I hope that my father, after he finds out the whole truth, will forgive me at some point and I will have the chance to make amends.

"What are you doing?" Ariadne's voice suddenly sounds.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I jumped slightly and only now realized that I still have the video of the ball on my cell phone.

"I'm watching your dance with your husband" I teased a little without looking up from my phone.

"Filomena, what are you talking about?"

"Look" I said and pressed my phone into her hand.

"Oh my god" was her reaction.

"mhm, you look so good next to each other" and they really do, I mean the two of them danced as if they had danced it together since childhood.

And his general expressionless looks, but also had something in them that I couldn't explain. But let's face it, who would have said no to a man like Reyes Elegido, I think she did the right thing in that regard.

"Firstly, he's not my husband and never will be, secondly, we don't look good together in any way, the only one who looked good in this video is me" she explained with an angry expression on her face.

"I mean you looked good but you can't tell a man like that he's not good looking, I mean let's bet he looks good even during sex" I laughed and she just crossed her arms and stared into space.

I don't think she even noticed my comment from just now, otherwise she would already have an argument against it.

  No offense to other men, but let's be honest not everyone looks good from every angle.

My thoughts were once again interrupted, and this time by our loving mother.

I already knew that she was here because of the video and from her loud steps I immediately recognized that she is not here to talk quietly, which Ari also recognized directly and looked at me for help.