We took off all our clothes and then shifted, me for the first time and felt amazing. His wolf was indeed black with Amber eyes. He was almost as beautiful as my wolf.

I checked out his wolf and then nuzzled him. 

Me: Do you want to run to the river?

He took a long hard look at me before answering.

Nick: I think we should stick to the forest.

Me: If that's what you want.

I took off and he came running after me. He quickly caught up to me then passed me. He brought us to a clearing and then stopped. My wolf kept teasing him by caressing his face with her tail and rolling on the ground in front of him. He was alert like he heard something and ignored my wolf until he pounced on her. 

My wolf: Nice to meet you Addison. My name is Desiree. I'm your wolf.

Me: It's nice to finally meet you Desiree.

Desiree: It's time for you to go to sleep now. I need some time with my mate.

Me: Wait. I want to spend time with him too.

Desiree: I'm afraid you're not ready for this conversation. I need you to trust me and go to sleep. I will wake you when it's time.

Before I could say another word, I was out. I woke up to the sound of my wolf whimpering though she didn't sound hurt. I still had no control and figured I had woken up early. They were arguing but I could only make out my wolf's words.

Desiree: She deserves to know. You can't keep something like that a secret forever. I think she's waking up. 

Desiree: Addison. Glad to see you're awake.

Me: Keep what a secret?

Desiree: It's not for me to say. I promise to help you once you know.

Me: Who's secret are we talking about? Nick or his wolf.

Desiree: They are one and the same.

Me: Great. Now I can't trust my mate or his wolf. 

Desiree: That is entirely your choice. Breaking that part of the bond could be detrimental. Choose wisely.

Me: Nick, I want to go home now.

Nick: We just got out here. Wait. Is this because you want to know my secret?

Me: Yes. Did she tell you that?

Nick: She told my wolf you overheard. It's not a big deal. It's about my wolf. This is only one form he can assume. She wanted to see the other ones.

Me: Why is that a secret then?

Nick: Let's go back. I'll explain in person.

We quickly made our way back and got dressed. Nick looked extremely tense. I grabbed him by the arm and hugged him.

"It's ok if you don't want to tell me. I trust you," I said.

He gave me a weak smile and said, "it's not that I don't want to tell you. I want to tell you everything. It just has to be at the right time."

"We have the rest of our lives," I said.

"I'm just trying to ensure we're together for that time," he said. "Let's make it to my pack and I will tell you everything there. Deal?"