Chapter 1

It was date night in Brooklyn, New York for Steve Rogers and James Barnes. They both were stressed out about the weeks events and it was a much needed time to unwind and spend some time together. They went for a small quiet dinner then a movie, however things didn't quite go so well. The dinner for the two went smoothly, leaving both content. At the movies, Steve had seen his ex boyfriend, Tony Stark. Tony was egotistical and he and Bucky always clash when they see each other. Tony kept trying to make moves on Steve, and Bucky saw it as Steve letting it happen. Right in front of him. Tony was just the typical jealous ex, as Bucky put it, but Bucky still didn't like the bastard. The evening left the two bickering back and forth all the way back to Steve's motorcycle.

"Dammit, Bucky, that was years ago! I swear I haven't been sleeping around!" Steve told him.

"Yeah, and you just happened to sit next to him?" He retorted.

"It was a dark theater! I didn't know it was him!" Steve said in defense.

"Sure, Steve..." Bucky muttered, apparently done with the conversation. "Lets just go home," he said coldly.

"Fine..." Steve mumbled knowing Bucky was pretty pissed, getting on the bike. Bucky following suit. He started the bike and pulled out and rode off.

The two were quiet for a couple of minutes during the ride until Steve spoke up.

"I swear I wasn't cheating on you," Steve told him.

"Just drop it," Bucky said back.

"But-"

"Drop it!"

Steve fell silent letting the tension boil down some before trying again. The traffic was starting to get lighter as they neared closer to home.

"What do I have to do to make it up to you, Buck?"

"There's no way I can trust you! How do I know you haven't been with him?" Bucky's voice sounded wounded.

This broke Steve inside, "Bucky... You know me... Plea-" he got cut off by a growing light on them.

The two felt as if they were going in slow motion. They looked as a car blew a stop sign and came speeding directly at them.

The car tried slowing down but failed to just as the car collided with the bike sending it swerving away. The two fell off skidding in the road, Bucky hitting his head hard, Steve landed more on his side. The bike slid about fifteen feet away from them. The bike was scratched up and dented, the car barely had a large enough dent.

The driver of the car, once stopped, immediately got out with their cellphone calling 911 and coming to check on the two he hit.

Steve had been vaguely aware of his surroundings, dizzy. Drifting in and out of consciousness. Bucky wasn't moving.

"B-bucky...?" Steve tried calling to him. The driver that hit them was beside him coaxing him and trying to get him to stay down.

Sirens could be heard in the distance, piercing the night life sounds of the city of New York. Steve must have drifted again when the ambulances arrived. His eyes opened again as he was on a stretcher being wheeled into a different ambulance than Bucky. He tried calling out to him again but it came out as an incoherent mumble as he watched his friend being closed up in the ambulance just as he was wheeled into his ambulance.

The paramedics swarmed above Steve in the ambulance as soon as the doors shut. Steve groaned slightly as he let the dark consume him as he recognized the pain that was erupting to his attention. He barely made out what the paramedics were saying, his ears rang from the sirens as the ambulance blared and raced to the hospital. His mind was still trying to wrap around what had just happened just moments before. Steve's unconscious mind was on Bucky, worried about his friend. Was he okay? Was he hurt bad? Was he... His mind stopped shirt of that question. He didn't want to think that just yet, not until he knew anything about their conditions.

There was a part of him that felt guilty, if he hadn't let Tony start shit with Bucky, Bucky wouldn't have been mad at him. Bucky and him wouldn't have been arguing. Maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't have gotten into this accident.