Cup of Coffee

Captain wasn't sure who moved first, them or Mark. The pods opened and they each stepped out, were handed coffee, looked at the window then at one another. They locked eyes before they seemed to decide together to move towards one another. Captain Nyx remembered it all, but did Mark? The coffee was handed off to the crew members so they could reach one another.

Captain hesitated and in doing so they spooked themselves. Mark didn't notice the hesitation so he continue to advance. When he raised his arm, the Captain didn't react properly, moving their arm the Wrong way and hitting his nose in what could have been a backhand of sorts.

"Oh!" The Captain tented their hands over their nose in shock,"Oh Mark, I'm so sorry!"

"It's..." Mark dropped his hands from his swollen and slightly body nose,"It's fine."

He stepped forward again, a grin spreading across his face.

"What?" The Captain asked.

"Nothing." He said, his widening grin hinting at his lie.

"No tell me." The Captain whispered.

" You're talking, Captain." Mark said in awe.

"I...guess I am." They said, touching their lips. As they pulled their hand out of the way, Marks lips replaced them. Their lips crashed together sending lighting coursing through The Captain. Spark cause their fingers to flex as he moved his mouth to try to deepen the kiss.

When Marks fingers slid across their cheek and into their hair, leaving trails of heat behind, the Sparks became hold so strong they forced the Captain into action.

They tangled their arms around Mark, wrapping their fingers in his thick hair and gripping it just tight enough to make him gasp.

His breath smelled of crisp black coffee. The Captain would have gotten wrapped up in his scent and in his body if he hadn't kissed them again.

Their stomach fluttered as their lips burned. The contact was fire, scorching though them. There was lightning leaving tingling trails and realized it was actually Marks fingers running along Thier skin.

"Mark." They said against his lips.

"Yes?" He asked, his eyes still closed as he slowly pulled away from them.

"The crew is in here." They said, feeling themselves flush darkly.

"I forgot." Mark admitted,"It's felt like just us for so long..."

The Captain felt their muscles jerk like they were reacting to a loud sound. The harsh memories came as a feeling more than anything else.

Mark had always just seen it as him and them. Mark had me very truly considered all the other people. Even as all their corpses littered the multiverse, he didn't consider anything outside himself and the Captain. Was it because his love made The Captain part of him?

Captain took a step back from him with a small smile. They still felt the burning in their lips and tingling in their arms, but there was a confusion too. There was a dread. They shouldn't have thought about it, but he hadn't changed, he hadn't learned his lesson, had he?

"Captain." The crew all took turns giving the Captain updates. Celci about the colonists, Gunther about going to the surface to check everything out, Mark explaining how perfect the planet he found was, and then Bert with another strange but comforting poem.

But it didn't comfort The Captain. In the moment they felt warm as he ended with his signature,"Yup." But they quickly went back to their thoughts.

Captain had caused a lot of pain but everything was started by Mark. Mark did it. He had shown remorse and he had shown guilt, but... did he learn his lesson? Was an eternity of hell enough punishment for his crimes? Were they still crimes if the other universes no longer existed? How much of it did he even remember?

That brought the next line of thought. How much was the Captain guilty for? Had they been punished enough? Should they be punished too?

Maybe there should be a trial of their peers.

The hell they went through, was it punishment enough since noone remembered the agony and death that had been caused?

They stepped up to the window and looked at the planet. It was beautiful. Mark had done so well.

"The scans didn't do it any justice. It is perfect in every way. Of course we will have to do checks of the surface" Mark explained, gesturing with his cup of coffee.

"Captain." Mark whispered. They looked away from the planet and at him,"Thank you... for never giving up on me... Just... Thank you."

His voice was low and warm. He had his head tilted forward so he was looking up at the Captain through his lashes. It drove them nuts when he looked at them this way.  He smirked lightly, raising an eyebrow.

Captain smiled too, feeling themselves flush as they looked back at the planet.

Home.

Yes, with Mark here, and all their friends, this was home.

Captain lifted their "#1 Captain" Coffee mug and sipped.

THE END

[[I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I did. It is my favorite fanfiction I have ever written. I'm planning a sequel to this so keep your eyes out if you're interested.

Thank you everyone who stuck through until the end and Thank you to everyone who voted on my chapters. I've really been doubting myself a lot lately and that boosted my confidence a bit. Seeing my views go into the triple didgets then seeing the votes hit double didgets really helped me.

Thank you all.]]