She wouldn't admit that to me, of course, but the expectation and most times than not, disappointment in her eyes every time her phone rings makes it so obvious.

"She'll be spending Thanksgiving lunch with her parents tomorrow but she was able to convince them to let her spend the evening with us," she says in a happier tone. "But what about Daniella? Is she on her way already?"

"Yeah, I just sent her off," I give her an exaggerated sad look.

"Don't give me that face, you don't know how good you have it," she groans, throwing a pillow at me.

"Well, at least you don't exactly have to hide from every single person in the city... except her parents, right?"

"We haven't talked about that yet, it's not like we've had a lot of time together so I don't know where she stands when it comes to showing off our relationship publicly," she hums. "But she's incredibly shy so I have a feeling she wouldn't exactly appreciate the extra eyes on us."

"Do you mind it?" I eye her. "Not being public with your partner? Not as a need but as a choice."

"I don't exactly like it but I wouldn't want to put her in an uncomfortable situation," she raises her eyebrows. "Why do you ask?"

"I remember you told me you would never be in a relationship like that," I say, giving her a sly smirk. "Look at you."

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes, hitting me with an octopus plushie this time around. "I feel like you have something on your mind, come on, tell me."

"I've been thinking about Mrs. Bardot actually, I know you have a lot on your mind right now but did you get the chance to ask Jenny about Amanda?"

"Amanda?" she raises her eyebrows in confusion but before I could remind her she gasps. "Oh, shoot, I completely forgot."

"That's ok—"

"It's not though, I'm supposed to be the best detective around town, how did I forget about my mission of all things."

"Soph, it's ok, we can ask her in person now," I say, patting her back. "Don't worry about it." She eyes me with apologetic eyes before getting up from her bed. "Where are you going?"

"Let's ask her right now."

"Right now? Isn't she with her parents?"

"Let's pay them a visit, they can't say no since we miss her so much," she throws me a wink.

"We can wait until tomorrow though, it's not like it's urgent or anything."

"Seems pretty urgent in my book, you should have reminded me sooner — come on aren't you curious?"

"I am—" I don't get to finish my sentence, Soph grabs me by my hand and guides me towards the door. At times like this it's better to just let her take the wheel, there is no point in trying to dissuade her when she's so set in stone with something.

And of course, we won't be just showing up at her house, Soph calls her letting her know we would be coming over — as we park in front of her house, which should be about enough time.

"Did you two miss me that much?" Jenny chuckles as she opens her front door, letting us in.

"Of course," Soph grins, giving her a very quick side hug that felt a bit awkward to watch since I know they're dating but mostly because that's not like how they'd normally hug — as friends that haven't seen each other for a very long time — I feel like the more you think about hiding something, the most awkward and obvious you make it look. Even my hug felt more intimate than that.

"We missed you but that's not the only reason as to why we're here," I say in a lower tone as we go up the stairs. There's no use in trying to play it cool, and it's not like there is a way of just fitting such a question without making it obvious.

"Oh?" she looks between the both of us. "Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened, we're just curious about something and it might be connected to you, we're not sure yet," Soph butts in, letting out a sigh once the door to Jenny's room is closed. She glances at me, hinting at me to continue.

"There's this lady that comes around the shop every Monday, she buys this very specific set of flowers... orchids, and you see, the reason we're curious is that she's very quiet and it's just a bit weird that she buys flowers every Monday right?" I trail off, not knowing how to get to the point without making it sound like I've stalked the woman but I can tell by the look on her face that something did hint in her head, at least to some extent but it doesn't seem like she will chip in. "Well..."

"Amanda Waterson, that's the name of the woman she buys flowers to," Soph cuts me off, getting straight to the point. "That's why we think it may be related to you."

She's caught off guard for a moment, even myself, I wasn't expecting her to just jump to the question but at the same time, I'm glad I don't have to be put through the awkwardness of telling her exactly how we found out about that because I know damn well my ass would do just that.

"Are you speaking of Mrs. Bardot?" she asks to which we quickly nod our heads. "Amanda is my grandmother, they're friends I think. I was too young when she passed away but Mrs. Bardot has always been present when it comes to anything related to her, even though it seems like my family isn't very fond of either of them."

"And why is that?" I ask, feeling both excited and impatient.

"I'm not sure, it's a touchy subject for my mother but it might have to do with my grandparents' divorce when she was a teen, my own assumption of course."

I glance at Soph only to find her eyes already on me, I'm pretty sure we're thinking the same thing.

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment. It will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also, follow me on Twitter and Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)