Chapter 1: Madeline

Start from the beginning

"Why are they purple?" Lemar, the youngest sibling asked, confused. He was only fourteen years old and had always been seen as the baby of the family.

"I don't know," Creed answered, frowning. "Perhaps it's a link to her soul mates?"

"What are their initials?" Madeline's mother, Larisa, who had been watching the scene unfold, piped up. Silence ensued, many surprised by Larisa's sudden interest.

"K.S. is the first one," Creed started, his eyes roaming over his sister's wrist in wonder. "Then M.Y., J.H., K.N.," He stopped and glanced at her right wrist. "P.J., K.T., and finally, J.J."

In the back of Madeline's mind, something tugged. It was like she somehow recognized those initials. But from where? She didn't know many people. She wasn't a social butterfly. In fact, at school, she was an outcast. Voluntarily.

"Do you know who they could be? Usually, if there's a group of soul mates, the majority of the people know each other in some way." June queried, her big green eyes bright. For thirty-seven, she was a gorgeous woman who could pass for twenty-eight.

"Mads?" Dash called her name, crouching next to Creed. "How are you feeling?"

Madeline gazed around the room, drinking in everyone's faces. Her father and stepmom were gleaming with joy, her brothers were concerned and her grandparents on her father's side were proud of their granddaughter who they rarely saw.

Finally, her eyes landed on her mother. She wore a poker face, hiding her true feelings from her only daughter. It stung Madeline to see her mom so detached from this monumental event. She needed her mother to say something—anything. But she didn't. She never talked about soul mates.

Madeline was lost. Confused.

"I—I," She stuttered as sweat coated her forehead. "I need to get some air."

Jumping to her feet, she rushed past her family who all yelled her name in worry. She paid no heed to them, her feet stomping along the tiled floor to the back door.

Her father owned a reasonably sized house with a big yard. She threw the door open and released a breath, letting the cool air hit her flushed skin.

Madeline couldn't control her thoughts. They were firing at all areas, trying to solve this new development. She was so prepared to not have a soulmate—let alone seven—that she hadn't even considered a mark appearing.

"How could this happen?" She said to herself. "Why? Why me?"

Her eyes gazed down at her two exposed wrists. Hesitantly, her digits skimmed the soul tattoos. A rush of emotions flowed through—surprise and shock. Were these her emotions or her soul mates? Some people could feel their partner's emotions when they touched their mark. Was she one of those people that could experience it too?

Then, suddenly, as if a star exploded before her very eyes. The identities of these people flashed in her head. She was ninety percent certain those seven people were her soul mates.

Everything matched. There was no way they couldn't be.

K.S. had to be Kim Seokjin. Mr. World Wide Handsome. The oldest member of BTS and was known for his terrible dad jokes and confidence during interviews. It was well known that he hadn't found his soul mate, despite being thirty. That was the only time he talked about his soul mate and whenever he did, his face would scrunch in pain.

M.Y., therefore, had to be Min Yoongi. Suga or also known as Agustd. The second oldest who loved napping and had a cute gummy smile. He was known for being quite a work alcoholic. He didn't talk about his soul mate to any interviewers. He was good at avoiding questions or refusing.

So, her third soul mate—J.H.—had to be Jung Hoseok. Mr. sunshine himself. Hoseok, known to his fans as Hobi, was another rapper who was insanely good at dancing. Hoseok once referred to his soul mate as Sunshine even though he hadn't met them yet.

The fourth initial—K.N.—must be for Kim Namjoon then. Rap Monster. The person who spoke the most English, who had an IQ of 148. He was the leader of BTS—the man who took charge and helped keep the flow. Namjoon hadn't said a lot about his soul mate other than he hadn't met them yet. Like Yoongi and Seokjin, he was quite secretive.

It was all starting to match up. So far, the fourth initials of the Hyung line matched up well. Too well. She was scared to think about the Maknae line.

P.J. stood for Park Jimin. It had to. The most charming man, who managed to steal the hearts of millions. He was a mochi in his fan's eyes. Jimin was one of the few members who had expressed his sadness at not finding his soul mate. Most of the others dodged any questions on if they had found their soul mate or not.

Born in the same year as Jimin was Kim Taehyung—K.T. To his fans, he was V. Taehyung had a gorgeous boxy smile that could light up any room. He was one of the tallest and had a wild personality. He had once mentioned that he would never lose hope of finding his soul mate.

And finally, J.J. had to be for Jeon Jungkook. The youngest member of the group—the golden maknae. He had the voice of an angel, just like Jimin, and could dance so sensually, you would wonder if he was the same man when he wasn't on stage. Jungkook had said he wasn't too bothered about finding his soul mate at the moment since he was so young. That interview was two years ago and he hadn't said anything since.

The seven of them made BTS, the biggest boyband in the world.

And, it was highly possible that they were her soul mates. 

You can also read this book on Inkitt for FREE: