And I did got it. I got Adrian.
He was indeed the perfect boyfriend for me. Always loving, always caring, always stood with me, supported me even when sometimes I was wrong.

Well, at least now I can sympathise will Elena. I felt bad when they broke up. Now, I know why.

He was too perfect to be true.

And plus Delena we're destined to be together. No offence.

Like that, Everything was perfect with Adrian. It's like I am living a Cinderella life. He was my prince and I was his princess. I guess that is why I always thought I don't deserve him.

Because he was perfect and I was not.

•~~~~~•

The doorbell rang and I have to get out of my sleepy bed with a headache that is killing me. Looks like ice cream was not a good idea after all.

I managed to go down and opened the door. Mom and Anna came back from the restaurant.

"Hey, My baby how are you feeling now?" My mom hugged me and placed her hand on my forehead to check my fever.

"It's better, Mom" I lied.

"Doesn't look like it.
Mom!, look who ate the whole tub of ice cream". Anna smirked, complaining to my mom. To which I sent her an angry glance.

Damn it, How come I forgot to throw it in the trash can.

"Ohh, Dear. I told you not to.
Why don't you listen to me?
Come on now, sit I am gonna make soup for you".

"Mom, It's ok. I am fine.
You must be tired".

"Not tried enough to take care of you. Now sit". She took me to the couch and handed me a blanket. I unfurled it and took homage to its warmth.

After 10 minutes, Mom came up with a steaming bowl of carrot and vegetable soup.
My favourite.

Mom sat beside me on the couch and started slupring the soup to me. This soothed my sore throat. It also made me happy.

Although the break-up was the worst thing to happen. But somehow I got closer with my mom.

It's been months since she sat down with me like this. No complaints, but she was always busy in Fishy's. After all, someone has to run the house.

I looked at my mom who was lost in her thoughts. Sometimes I think I got this habit from my mom.

"What happened? Are you thinking about something?"
I asked concerned looking at her serious face.

"No..No, It's just something weird happed today".

I frowned, "What?"

"I saw something or I thought someone. Maybe."

"Like what?"

"It was like a shadow in the room. He was a tall figure.
I thought it was a customer.
But when I went to greet him, He was gone. I don't know somehow it felt familiar".

"That's strange". My mom saw a shadow of someone.
It's then I remember. Yesterday, I saw it too.
The someone who saved me.

Now, My mom saw it too?

Hell, I didn't think my town was haunted at all. But whatever that was, he saved me. And ghosts haunts,
Right?

"It was nothing, Mom.
You must be hallucinating again. Did you take your medication?" Anna came downstairs changed into her pyjamas.

My mom thought for a second, "You must be right, it was just a hallucination. I forgot to take my pills this afternoon".

Anna looked at her in disbelief, "Mom!, I gave it to you. You should take care of your health. It's not good".

Anna is right, my mom had been through a lot of mental health issues after aur dad left. I still can't imagine how she managed to raise us with everything. Guess, moms are superwomen after all.

She have to be strict to her medication. The doctor says she can show early signs of Alzheimer's if there will be any casualties. I can never see my mum like that.

"Sorry, Honey. I will take care from next time". Anna handed Mom her medicine box and took two pills.

"You always say that. What will you do when I will leave?" Anna hugged her and I joined too. My not-so-perfect family.

"I promise, baby. I won't".

Wait a minute. My mind hopped a cartwheel. What did Anna mean by 'when she'll leave'?

"What do you mean? When you will leave?". I asked her repeating the question in my mind.

Anna looked at me and frowned, "You don't know?"

Then she snorted, "Of course, you don't. When you even know anything? Always in your bubble". I rolled my eyes not again Anna.

"I am leaving for New York next week", Anna said.

•~~~~~•

P.S.: It was a simple chapter let me know, Which was your favourite part?

And which is your favourite ice cream flavour? ;)