“Liam, just tell him what happened and he’ll understand. It’s me and Niall, here, we won’t hurt you or judge you…Johnson did the same thing to me.” Zayn spoke, putting a hand on Liam’s leg, his voice low and husky. Liam’s body let out another sob, before Liam looked through his watery brown eyes at Zayn’s hand on his thigh, following along up Zayn’s arm until he met Zayn’s eyes.

Liam looked deeply into Zayn’s eyes and saw how much raw emotion Zayn was keeping back, but most importantly, he showed truth. But, Liam still needed some sort of reassurance. Had Alex really put Zayn through what he had put Liam through? Even though he had done it to protect Zayn…Liam suddenly felt used, worthless and cheated. He’d done the one thing he had never wanted to stoop down too, and it had all come to this. As if Zayn could read into his thoughts, he gave a nod of his head, and Liam knew that what Zayn said was the truth.

“He did the same to both of us, he played us both, making us think we were protecting each other…even though we weren’t.” Zayn went on, keeping his voice low still, as if he and Liam were the only two in the room. Liam’s eyes brimmed with tears once more, and he tore his gaze away from Zayn and put his head into his hands.

“I’ve never felt so cheap in my life.” Liam breathed, his tears falling from his eyes as he said so. He wanted the two boys to hold him and tell him that it was all a bad dream and that it had never happened, but at the same time, he didn’t want anyone to touch him. He was cheap and disgusting, he didn’t want people to touch him at all.

“Liam, stop, this isn’t our fault. We didn’t know what we were really doing, it’s all that cunt’s fault, but this is over now, Li, it’s all gone, we can move on, and you can go back to Niall…” Zayn started once again, before the Irish boy finally cleared his throat. Niall edged his own chair around the table so that he was closer to Liam.

“Li, I don’t really know what’s going on, but I don’t care about anything except you. I want my Liam back, I wanted our relationship to start off really good, I wanted you, Li, please, come back to me, I don’t care if you’ve cheated or not, I just want you.” Niall told Liam, entwining the two boys’ hands together before resting his head on Liam’s shoulder.

“He didn’t cheat, Niall…you want to tell him yourself, Li? Or should I?” Zayn asked softly, holding Liam’s other hand. Liam shook his head and tried to stop his tears. He wanted Niall so much, and he wanted all of this behind him so everything could go back to normal, and if you want something, you work for it. Liam cleared his throat, and squeezed Zayn and Niall’s hands.

“I…I’ll do it.” Liam told Zayn, his voice a little breathless and shaky, before he turned around to face Niall, who was looking at him desperately.

“Niall, when I found out that Alex was hanging out with Zayn, I went and spoke to him. I knew what he could be like from rumours and I didn’t want Zayn getting hurt, but Alex is like the devil, Ni, he’s a fucking bastard, one minute he’s got that disgusting grin on his mouth and the next minute he’s threatening to hurt everyone you love…he said that if I didn’t have sex with him, he’d hurt you. I didn’t want you, or Z, or anyone getting hurt, so I did it.” Liam admitted quietly, before Niall’s crystal eyes started to well up with tears.

“Why did you do that to yourself? It’s just me! I’m not important,” Niall started, his voice starting to crack but Liam quickly shook off.

“You are important Ni, and if anything ever happened to you I don’t know what I’d do, you don’t understand how long I’ve wanted you. I wasn’t going to let him go near you, and that’s the price I had to pay.” Liam told Niall, before breaking down in tears again in Niall’s arms. Niall pulled Liam into his body and held him tightly and possessively.