Chapter Twenty Eight

A loud, and extremely persistent knock at the door drew Harry Styles from the long nap that he had found himself in. He sat up slowly from the sofa, making Dusty leap away from him and scurry off to the other armchair. He rubbed his eyes and checked the time, half past nine in the evening, before realising someone was sat knocking on his door. He jumped up to his feet before his heart leapt. What if it was Zayn? What if he had come back and they were going to snuggle on the sofa again, tell people they were watching Fight Club when they were really watching the Notebook. Harry couldn’t help but smile when he reached his front door. He didn’t even check his appearance; he just pulled the door open. The cold breeze immediately hit him as he did so.

“Zayn?” he burst out hopefully, before looking into the light eyes of Louis Tomlinson, and Eleanor Calder. Louis looked down and sighed, rubbing his temples with his hands as Eleanor gazed at Harry in shock.

“I knew it!” She exclaimed, before she and Louis made themselves into Harry’s house. Eleanor went rushing off into the living room, and Harry pulled Louis back and looked at him in confusion.

“What’s going on?” Harry asked, in a hushed tone that only Louis would be able to find out. Louis looked up at him honestly.

“I didn’t tell her, she thought she saw Zayn Malik get into your car or something, I tried to say nothing was going on but she wouldn’t shut up, I turned into a bet, and you know what I’m like when it comes to bets…you owe me £20.” Louis sighed, before following after where Eleanor had gone, and Harry went into the room as well.

“Harry, what was Zayn Malik doing in your car? And why did you expect him at your door?” Eleanor asked, as she sat on the armchair, sharing it with Dusty. She was looking at Harry with interest, although he could tell that she already knew the truth anyway.

“He didn’t feel well, probably a follow up from the whole fiasco when he stopped breathing…” Harry felt himself shudder as the images of Zayn’s pale faces flashed in front of his eyes for a moment, “I didn’t want him to push him too hard, or to have him push himself too hard and go through that all again, so I figured I’d take him home.” Harry heard himself babble on, as Eleanor looked at him through her brown eyes. She exchanged a glance with Louis, and a quick smile.

Had she brought it?  

“So, you brought him here? Or to his house?” Eleanor asked again, before Louis sighed.

“El, seriously.” Louis told her, and she looked at him with a look of hurt.

“But,” she started, even though Louis was quick to interrupt her.

“Would you leave the poor boy alone? He took Zayn back to his house, why would he bring him here?” Louis asked her, Harry almost wincing from the amount of irony behind this whole situation.

“Because maybe they like each other?” Eleanor asked, before looking from Louis and over to Harry. For some reason, goosebumps erupted over his pale skin. That sentence played over and over inside of Harry’s head. He tried not to smile, but it was such a delicious sentence. It made him want to say it, so he could see how it rolled off his tongue naturally. ‘Maybe they like each other.’ He had to hide his smile, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip so no one would be suspicious.

Louis looked up at her like it was outrageous, and that’s when Harry noticed their clothes. They were both dressed fairly nice, not dressed up too much, but nice enough as if going to dinner. Harry guessed that that must had been their plan, before all of this broke out between them, and they’d ended up here. Well, it was certainly unexpected, Harry thought to himself, and he hadn’t really helped himself when he had opened his door and yelled Zayn’s name at them. That was the last time he was doing that.

“Look at him, Louis! It’s so obvious, look at his face, he obviously likes his own student!” Eleanor erupted, and Harry realised that he had drifted away from the conversation. 

“Right, well, thanks for that false accusation, El.” Harry tried to laugh off, but saw the unimpressed look in her eyes, as she stood above him, arms folded across her chest.

“What would you do if Zayn walked into this room right now, in just his boxers and yelled, Harold, let’s have sex. Right now, on this floor.” Eleanor asked. As the words left her mouth, they hit Harry like a tidal wave. A tidal wave of lust. That imagery was playing in his head, and he could imagine Zayn walking across the room, in next to nothing, that cigarette over his ear, his normally gelled up fringe sprawled across his forehead, those chocolate pools of lust staring him down. The way he moved would make every muscle and bone ripple through his body as if he were made to do catwalks in Vogue. Harry remembered that sweet smell that came from the younger boy, and started to feel his stomach churn and churn.

Suddenly, two hands were clapped in front of his face, and he was brought out of his daydream and into the close up faces of Louis and Eleanor. Louis was looking at him with a sarcastic, ‘well done’ expression, while Eleanor smiled triumphantly, although that soon faded. As Harry looked up at them both from his sofa, he felt like their child, about to be told off for doing something naughty.

“Harry, please do not tell me that you just daydreamed about having sex with your student!” Eleanor started off sternly, and Harry gulped.

“And enjoyed it.” Louis scoffed, and Harry felt his cheeks warm in embarrassment, when he realised the sudden excitement that was rising underneath the thin material of his boxers. He grabbed a pillow and covered himself up, before covering his face in shame. Eleanor gasped and stepped back with a squeak.

“Harry! I can’t believe you!” Her voice filled the room in shock, and made Dusty look up at her, her ears pricked up above her head in worry.

“It’s just a crush, everyone gets crushes,” Louis started with a sigh, and Eleanor looked at him with raised eyebrows.

“Yes, everyone gets crushes, but teachers do not get crushes! You don’t see me crushing on my students!” She exclaimed, and Harry looked up at her mischievously.

“So you’ve never looked at one of your sixth formers and thought, ooo, they can stay behind for ten minutes.” Harry couldn’t resist saying, and Louis immediately burst into laughter. Eleanor looked down at him in shock.

“You are sat there covering up a boner, your argument is extremely irrelevant.” Eleanor told him, and Harry blushed in embarrassment. For the next few minutes, Louis and Eleanor stood in front of him and bickered. It felt so much like when Harry was back at home with his parents, when he’s be in trouble, and his Dad would try to let him off but his Mum would want him to be punished somehow.

“Do you guys think I’m stupid?” Harry suddenly asked, looking up at them both honestly. The couple stopped fighting, and looked down at Harry for a moment. As Eleanor said yes, Louis said no. They looked at each other, before changing each other’s answer. Harry rolled his eyes.

“Great, thanks for that input.” Harry sighed, looking down and ruffling up his hair.

“You aren’t stupid Harry, we aren’t saying that. What we’re trying to say is that you seem smitten with your student, and being smitten can lead you to do some stupid stuff.” Louis explained, and Eleanor quickly agreed. Harry sighed and looked away from them in embarrassment. They were right, as always.

“Maybe you should both wait? Atleast until Zayn is eighteen, and then start discussing all of these feelings with him?” Eleanor asked him softly, and Louis looked at her, outrage flashing across his face.

“If it was us in this situation?” She simply asked him, before he had a chance to speak. Louis looked at her for a moment, the corners of his mouth upturning slightly before looking at Harry.

“Fine, me and El won’t tell, and we’ll only back this until after Zayn is 18.” Louis told Harry firmly.

“Deal?” El spoke with a small smile. Harry smiled slightly, before sighing.

What if Zayn wasn’t 18 until something like June, or July? They’d have to go through so many lessons acting normally and not doing anything…but maybe the waiting would make it more better? Whichever way Harry looked at this, he knew that he and Zayn were going to get together; they just had to be patient.

“Fine, it’s a deal.”