Chapter 7: Keefe

hey, everyone! i know, i know. it's been over a month! i really need to get better with my updates. i'm really sorry! anyways, for everything's sake, pretend the elves are ruthless enough to kill monsters. pweeeeeeeeeease? *makes BabySealEyes™*

When I first met Percy Jackson yesterday, I thought of him as an easy-going person. But as I watched him tear across the battlefield in rage, cutting down any monster in his way, I realized there was another, darker side of him I hadn't seen. This other guy I recently met, Will Solace, joined him in demolishing the area. I thought back to our earlier conversation:

Me: *sees Will fighting a seven-headed monster* Hey, need some help?
Will: Sure! Join in. *casually stabs the monster's gut* I'm Will Solace.
Me: Keefe Sencen. *chops off one of the monster's leg* So, uh, what is this monster called?
Will: It's a hydra. Don't cut any of its heads; otherwise, two more will grow in its place. *calmly doges a spray of acid*
Me: Noted. *quickly avoids chopping off the poison-spitting head*
Will: Well, nice meeting you. *relaxedly throws a vial of fiery, flammable, explosive stuff at the hydra, thus making it explode and die* Gotta kill 'em all, right? See you around! *wanders off to kill another monster*

He seemed pretty laid-back and chill then. Now, it was as if someone flipped a switch inside him. He went . . . crazy, to say the least. Slashing every monster; running around hyperactively with his sword held out, killing multiple monsters; tossing multiple vials of bottles with green flames everywhere, regardless to whether there were people there or not. The other demigods narrowly avoided getting in the way of the green fire. Soon, all the monsters had either burned up, or been killed by the demigods.

Countless demigods tried to reign in Will, but he seemed pretty unstoppable, throwing vials of green fire everywhere, even though there were no more monsters. Even Percy failed to stop him.

Beside me, someone muttered, "Oh, no. Will's lost his mind. There's no stopping him now." I jumped about ten feet in the air, whipping my head around.

"Annabeth! You scared me," I said, rubbing my tailbone, which I fell on.

"Keefe, do you see that girl over there? The one with the green highlights in her hair?" she said, pointing to someone shooting arrows in a circle around Will, probably trying to make him pause. It didn't seem to be working.

"Yeah, I see her. The one with the bow and arrow?" I asked, slowly getting up.

"Yes, her. Go tell her to pray to her dad. The other kids will most definitely be chasing after Will," she replied. I nodded and sprinted toward the girl.

"Hey," I addressed her, out of breath. "Annabeth told you to pray to your dad. I don't know what she meant by that, so I'm hoping you do."

She paled. "If it's really come to that . . ." she trailed off, then shook her head to clear it. "Sorry. Thanks. I hope this works." She closed her eyes.

I directed my attention back towards where the group of demigods were still trying to capture Will. Shrubbery burned and the fire started racing downhill. The grass sizzled and died in the immense heat.

A few demigods screamed. "Everyone, EVACUATE! Leave the hill! Hopefully the force field will contain the fire!" Annabeth directed, running around to get the information everywhere. Hordes of demigods dashed to the border, hoping to get out of the way of the raging fire. (MYSTERIOUS AS THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOOOOOOOOOON!)

For a second, the fire died a bit under the force field. Then, a great ripping sound could be heard, and the force field burned away, leaving about a hundred vulnerable demigods out in the open to roast.

"What about water?" I asked as I made my way over to Annabeth. "Isn't there the ocean right over there? We could—"

"We can't do that, Keefe," Annabeth said, her voice tinged with sadness as she watched the fire race toward the valley. I don't know what's down there, but whatever it is, it must've been special. "This is Greek fire. It doesn't stop until it burns everything. It can even burn underwater. That's what makes it so powerful."

"Sounds even more powerful than Everblaze," Sophie voice said right next to my ear, making me jump another ten feet into the air. (Seriously, these girls need to stop sneaking up on me!) "And that's saying a lot. At least Everblaze has frissyn." I wrapped my arm around her protectively as she shuddered, probably remembering the fire at Oblivimyre. I wasn't there, but I did learn afterward that Councillor Kenric had died. I could only imagine how much that affected Sophie.

Suddenly, I realized something. "The girl you told to pray to her dad! I never saw her come out!"

Annabeth paled. "Kayla . . ." She took off into the fire, cursing.

"ANNABETH CHASE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" came a voice form somewhere off to my right. I recognized it as Percy. He also ran off.

"GUYS! THINK RATIONALLY!" I yelled, then ran off behind them. Sophie followed.

As soon as I found an opening in the wall of flames and broke through, the gap closed, trapping Percy, Annabeth, the girl named Kayla, and me inside. "SOPHIE!" I yelled, desperate.

"HOLD ON, KEEFE! I'LL GET YOU OUT OF THERE!" she shouted back.

Knowing I shouldn't be standing around doing nothing, I walked over to the three. "What happened?"

"Kayla won't budge. She said if she had to, she would shoot an arrow through her shoes to keep her here," Percy said.

"What do we do? The fire's closing in!" I exclaimed.

Annabeth massaged her temples. "I don't know," she gritted out. Percy looked over in concern.

The fire didn't pause to let us plan. It burned closer, closer, closer, until the flames were dancing dangerously near the edge of our skin. We braced ourselves to burn to death, shaking Kayla to alert her to our present situation, but of course it didn't work.

Just as the flames touched my shoe, a burst of light, followed by a loud snap that echoed through the valley, shone brightly, momentarily blinding everyone. Once I blinked my eyes open, I noticed that the flames had flickered out, smoke trailing through the sky. In front of us was this guy with blond neck-length hair and a bow and quiver stocked with arrows, wearing a white sheet.

"Someone called?"

I DID IT! (i feel like i say that too much. do i?) anyways here's chapter 7. ik my updating schedule has been a little wonky, but i swear on the river styx it'll get better soon. i hope you all liked the chapter!

anyways, don't forget to eat, drink, breath, live, vote, comment, and follow!

╰•🌟🌟𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕟𝕪𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕟🌟🌟•╯