Chapter 4: Keefe

The color was rapidly fading from Annabeth and Percy's faces. Sophie hailed Elwin as soon as we got inside, so hopefully Elwin could come in time. But our friends' faces were looking more gray by the moment.

I helped Grady prop Percy and Annabeth up on the couch as soon as they collapsed. My heart twisted as I saw how much agony they were in. Their faces were scrunched up and beads of sweat rolled down their forehead. Sophie came downstairs, saying Elwin was on his way. As soon as she glimpsed a look at the two, her face paled. I could tell she was experiencing flashbacks from when she almost faded. She slowly made her way downstairs, but I met her halfway up and hugged her tight, whispering, "It's going to be okay, Foster."

"How do you know that?" Sophie asked into my shoulder. "They don't have any experience with light-leaping. They've already faded too much." Sophie hugged me back tighter.

I pulled my face away and smiled weakly. "Hey, trust the Empath! They'll be ok." Somehow, Sophie pulled me in and found a way to hug me even tighter, whispering, "Hopefully."

Suddenly, Elwin burst through the door. "Somebody called for a fading accident?" Sophie pointed a shaky finger at Percy and Annabeth, and Elwin's expression turned grim. He rushed over to the couch, and I helped Sophie down the stairs so we could join him. Grady and Edaline were already standing nearby, ready to assist if anything happens.

Elwin held up two vials filled with what I recognized as limbium–free Fade Fuel. "I'm going to try this first, then try that." He gestured to the table, where two vials of regular Fade Fuel were lined up. "Sophie, Keefe, want to help?"

We immediately snatched the two vials out of his hand. I helped Percy gulp it down, and Sophie tended to Annabeth. Everyone held their breath as they waited for the elixir to work.

Slowly, a little bit of color returned to their faces. We waited, but nothing else happened. Elwin finally said, "Ok, now let's try the other Fade Fuel." He handed Sophie a pair of gloves and whispered something to her that I couldn't hear.

Sophie and I headed to the table to take the two vials, but then Sophie asked, "What if they're allergic to limbium?" I mentally slapped myself. How could I not have thought about that?

"Don't worry," Elwin responded (which sounded very ironic, given the situation they were currently in). He patted his satchel, and said, "I've got it covered. A couple pain reducing elixirs and your friends here will be fine."

We'll see, I thought.

Sophie and I poured the Fade Fuel down Percy and Annabeth's throats, and braced for the worst. At first, nothing happened. Then, color slowly appeared on their faces. It didn't seem like the limbium affected them. Everyone watched the color stretch across their bodies until they looked normal again. The only sign left was their hair, which was drenched in sweat and plastered to their foreheads.

With a little bit of enhancing from Sophie, Edaline managed to conjure them outside to the Panakes (wait—you can actually conjure people?!), where a pile of pillows and blankets where waiting. Elwin promised to check on them the next morning.

Edaline also conjured some blankets down for Sophie and me, since we'd ask to sleep with them. We thought the Panakes might be a good idea, since the blossoms could help heal them, and the songs were very soothing.

"They'll be ok, right?" Sophie asked as we got settled in.

"Of course, Foster." I replied, smiling. "I can tell they're strong."

"I hope so," she said, snuggling closer to me.

YASS LETS GO I FINALLY FINISHED! sorry its so bad! i tried to finish and and had no clue what else to do. i am SO sorry i havent been active in two years (*months) so hopefully this makes up for it. probs wont. anyways, now for the apollo-gy:

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MUCH SINCE DECEMBER! THESE TWO MONTHS WERE VERY BUSY! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DO IT WHENEVER I COULD, BUT I HAD TO JUDGE BOOKS FOR THE OG TRIO AWARDS IN DECEMBER, AND ITS JANUARY, WHICH MEANS I'LL HAVE A LOT OF HOMEWORK! AGAIN, I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYY! PLZ DON'T KILL MEEEEEEEEEE! NOW IMMA COPY PASTE THIS APOLLO-GY INTO OTHER RECENT CHAPTERS! PEACE!

- ╰•🌟🌟𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕟𝕪𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕟🌟🌟•╯