Another First Date

Start from the beginning

“Pray to Him for forgiveness. Father is merciful. If you show Him that you’re truly repentant and ask for His love again, I’m sure He’ll listen and He’ll let you come home.”

“This is my home now, Fawn. Garin is my home, my life, my soul, my now and my forever. I belong with him and nowhere else. Our bond is eternal and it will live on forever, in this life and the next to come.” Hannah said.

"You don't know that," Fawn said.

"Yes, I do," Hannah replied with certainty.

Fawn sighed in defeat. She could tell that nothing she could say would convince Hannah otherwise. She lifted her palm and used her powers to pick up Hannah’s clothes and clean them up. She levitated the basket and put the clothes back inside it and floated it into Hannah’s hands.

“Take care of yourself, sister. I truly hope that your happiness is eternal. Till we meet again,” Fawn said and released her wings.

“Goodbye, Fawn,” Hannah said and watched her sister fly away into the clouds and vanish into thin air.

.

.

.

BACK IN THE PRESENT...

Josh was in his apartment, seated on his office chair with his phone in his hand. It had been almost twenty-four hours since Isabelle gave him her number but he hadn’t called her yet. He really liked her and didn’t want to seem desperate and come off too strong. He was in his call log and her number was already saved but he couldn’t push the dial button.

Frank and Chris were in his living room playing video games on his couch. He had told them about Isabelle and they had given him all sorts of advice on how to do things with her.

“You still haven’t called her?” Chris asked after he noticed Josh fumbling with his phone.

“Call her, man! Women like a man who knows what he wants and goes after it. It’s a turn-on for them so just do it,” Frank advised.

“I will. I just think I should wait twenty-four hours before doing so. I really like her and I want this to work," Josh replied.

“Oh, for crying out loud!” Chris said and got up. He walked over to Josh and grabbed his phone from him.

“What are you doing, Chris?” Josh said and tried to grab the phone back but Chris moved away from him and Frank stood as a barrier between them.

“Trust us, buddy. We’re doing this for your own good,” Frank said as Chris dialled Isabelle’s number.

“Hello?” Isabelle said on the line and Chris gave the phone to Josh to speak to her.

*******

It had been two days since Josh had spoken to Isabelle on the phone. They had planned to go out on a date tonight and Josh was feeling slightly nervous. They had planned to go to Guelaguetza which was a Mexican restaurant on Olympic Boulevard.

He could feel something in his heart whenever he thought about Isabelle but he couldn’t figure out what it was. Was she his soul mate? Has he finally found the one he’d been looking for? These sorts of questions stormed his mind and he didn’t understand why but one thing was certain; he needed tonight to go well.

“How do I look?” Josh asked Chris who he had asked to come over to help him get dressed as he was the best dresser in their squad of friends.

Chris took a look and was shocked to see Josh dressed like a pastor in a really poor church.