Ch 31 Quirk Assessment Test

Start from the beginning

There are objections of course. But the only one to take a stand and say it to his face is Uraraka."You can't send one of us home! I mean, we just got here. Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!"

"Neither are natural disasters. Or villains. Or life. Nothing is fair, and the sooner you learn that the sooner you can train to combat that unfairness. Being a hero means pushing yourself to the brink, so UA is going to spend the next three years pushing one terrible hardship after another at you to make sure you're ready for that. So go beyond. Plus ultra."

My money is on Kaminari or Toru coming in last place.

𝌡𝌡𝌡

(AN: Was thinking about doing individual scores, but... No idea how to reflect physical prowess so I'm just doing the final ones)

The scores are as follows:

Momo Yaoyorozu

Shoto Todoroki

Catia Akihiro

Katsuki Bakugou

Tenya Iida

Fumikage Tokoyami

Mezo Shoji

Masahiro Ojiro

Eijiro Kirishima

Mina Ashido

Ochako Uraraka

Rikido Sato

Tsuyu Asui

Yuga Aoyama

Hanta Sero

Izuku Midoriya

Denki Kaminari

Kyoka Jirou

Toru Hagakure

Minoru Mineta

I can't say I'm surprised that I didn't get first. Hard to compete with someone who can make anything she needs after all. And Todoroki's quirk is powerful, not to mention that it seems like he didn't skip out on physical training.

What puts a smile on my face though, is the fact that I placed just ahead of Bakuhoe. Again. Heh, I can see him fuming over with his clan while a few people are consoling Mineta about having to leave. None of the girls are though, and his words make the reason why very understandable.

"NO! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FULFILL MY HAREM DREAMS IF I GET KICKED OUT!? WHYYYY!?!?!"

I really thought that he would have placed higher given his score with the side jumps, but I guess even Toru did more physical training than him. His body size certainly doesn't help him either.

Turning off the holographic projector, Aizawa speaks, shocking the class. "And I lied. Nobody's going home." He gives everyone a shit-eating grin. "That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all during the tests."

I cough, catching everyone's attention. "Nya... no it wasn't. Don't furget that you left your book out one day. Last year you expelled your entire class."

While Momo closes her mouth, glad she didn't say anything before I spoke up, everyone else alternates their shocked looks between me and Aizawa, who's glaring at me. But since I'm nice, I'll distract everyone from him being caught in his logical deception about expulsion being a logical deception.

"By nya way, there's some creepy skeleton guy hiding behind nya corner of the building who's been watching us this entire time. Can you do something about him, nya?"

Hearing a sudden thud, everyone looks to where I'm pointing and sees the skeleton man in question having fallen to the ground. Everyone looks at him in surprise and instinctively takes a step back. Everyone except Midorinya, who seems to recognize the man.

Looking at him, my ears tilt forward in curiosity. "Mew know him, Midorinya?"

He jumps and looks at us all in a panic. Curious~. "Ah! Um, y-yeah. I k-know him. Well, know is a strong word. We met once before, though it wasn't really a happy occasion for me so I'm not sure how I feel about him anymore. ItsnotthatIhatehimoranythingbutIcantjustlookathimthesamewayespeciallyafterknowingwhatIknowabouthimandwhathesaidtome-"

While he rambles, I look to Aizawa for an explanation, who sighs again. "I don't get paid enough for this." He points to Mr. Skeleton who gets up and dusts himself off. "This man is All Might's secretary. Toshinori Yagi. Since All Might is teaching here, he brought him along to keep him up to date on his work and schedule."

I frown at the man, who's sheepishly rubbing his head. "Apologies for spying like this. I wanted to make sure All Might knows what to expect when he teaches your class. But I didn't want to interrupt, so I hid around the corner. Though I must say, it's admirable how you were able to spot me, Miss."

I don't respond as my tail rises imperceptibly. I don't know why, but I don't like this guy. It could just be because he's connected to All Might, but it doesn't feel like that's it.

It's not until I feel a hand on my shoulder that I'm pulled out of my thoughts. A quick glance reveals that it's Mina. "Yep. Part of my quirk enhances my senses, so it wasn't that hard, nya."

He nods at me. "Well, with what I saw today I'm sure you'll become an excellent hero." He turns to Midorinya with a sheepish expression. "Ah, young Midoriya. After class, can I perhaps speak with you?"

He agrees with an apprehensive look, but... "Class is already done for the day. You can talk after you change out of your gym clothes."

He rushes to the locker room, and everyone else follows along at a more sedate pace. Except for me. Instead, I summon two cats and hand one to Aizawa. The other? That one will be watching Midorinya and Mr. Skeleton's conversation.