Break up

Percy POV
I decided i would break up with Rachel at lunch. That way i could escape to class if she decided to hit me. Another reason I chose lunch was because i had double period science next, in which Rachel didn't do with me.

I chose to wear a back hoodie and jeans. I quickly brushed my hair with my fingers before rushing to catch the bus.

First period i sat with Jason (mostly to avoid Rachel). It was not a good day for a breakup either, valentines was a week and a half away. I was dreading lunch too come and I normally don't say that. When lunch finally rolled around however I decided it was good to get it out of the way. Plus if i waited longer Rachel might even be more sad and mad. This was considering i don't actually have feelings for her, and that would mean it was an unhealthy relationship.

I had told Jason about my plan to break up with Rachel and he approved. According to him she flirts with him even though he had a girlfriend (piper).

I was starting to second guess myself, when i saw her flirting with Conner Stoll. Now i was 99% sure she was using me for my friends. Even though i was pretty hot she was clearly interested in other things apart from our relationship.

I sat down next to Jason and Leo since we got let out early.

When Rachel finally decided to show up she practically pushed Leo off and sat on my lap. I tried not to make it too obvious when i gently nudged her off of my lap.

As Frank and Hazel came back with trays of lunch food i dug into my Sloppy Joe and juice. Nearing the end off lunch i thought i should probably tell Rachel now.

"Uhm Rachel" i cleared my throat. She turned my way.

"What is it Percyyy Booo" she coed, twirling a red lock of hair in between her fingers.

"I uhm- really like you, but i don't think this is going to work." I braced my self inching just the slightest away from her.

It took her several seconds to comprehend it before she let out an ear piercing shriek. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN PERCY BOO. IM THE BEST YOU CAN DO, YOUR SO MEAN" she screamed, slapping me in the face with her jeweled handbag.

Ouch the handbag hurt. "I'm sorry its just not working" i stated rubbing the diamond imprints on my face.

"YOUR GOING TO REGRET THIS, DON'T COME BACK TO ME CRYING" she exclaimed before letting out a humph and leaving.

"Well that went well" Jason chuckled unsurely.

Annabeth POV
I was enjoying lunch at our usual table when i heard the most annoying shriek. Ugh, her voice was like metal on glass.

She shrieked out "WHAT DO YOU MEAN PERCY BOO. IM THE BEST  GIRLFRIEND EVER, YOUR SO MEAN" or something like that. she also said something else but i was too focused on the fact Percy had broken up with her to notice.

Percy broke up with Rachel, Percy didn't actually like her that much.

Authors note:

Thank you for reading this chapter.
Can you believe they broke up.
What about Annabeth and Luke?
Hope you are having a nice day.

560 words.

-thx kiwi🤎