Unclear feelings

Annabeth POV
I sat on the bleachers cheering on Percy as he swam gracefully through the water. The clear blue water framed his muscles nicely. His dark messy hair flowed gently in the water. His sea green eyes never got tiring to look at, you could spend hours getting lost in his soft gaze. The way his eyelashes batted when he wanted something -"snap out of it, he's your best friend, he would never want someone like you."  Sighing i tuned back into the swim race.

Percy obviously came first, he was always so graceful in the water. As a crowd or fan girls swarmed around Percy swirling their hair between their fingers, i felt sick. He could have any girl in the entire school, why would he want me.

Shoving my thoughts away, I pushed past the swarm of girls. I threw my arms around Percy, not caring if i got my clothes wet.

He immediately hugged me back. "You did great seaweed brain" I chuckled, "why thank you, wise girl" he responded dragging the word wise out.

Percy POV
It felt good to be hugging Annabeth even though we were just friends. I had had a crush or Annabeth for as long as i could remember. Of course I've dated before but it had never been serious, my only true feelings were for Annabeth. I never had the courage to ask her out because she might not feel the same way. Annabeth was good at hiding her feelings like that. A few times i caught her staring, once i even thought she looked sad when i introduced one of my girlfriends to her. But despite all this I didn't say anything for the reason that I didn't want to ruin our close friendship.

Authors note:
This is my first fanfic don't judge
Also hi Em if your reading this

313 words