Chapter 5

You were just about done talking about your previous relationship with Hazel, causing a few agents to give you a look since the two of you hang out a lot. Honestly, you couldn't blame them, it can be weird hanging around an ex without people assuming that you two are doing something. But you and Hazel don't, it was more like sisters between you two now, not girlfriends. You would throw a pillow at her to get her to stop snoring whenever you slept in her room, and she would put salt in your coffee just to see you make a stupid face. The only reason as to why you and Hazel aren't dating right now is because you moved back to America when you turned 20, while she decided to stay back at home. "Look, stop giving us that look. I love Klara with the fullest of my heart, and I would never think about cheating on her, I mean- Look at how beautiful Meine Gattin  ist!" You exclaimed to your teammates, looking at them defensively before placing a peck to Klara's head. "But how can we be so sure?" Raze asked, making you glare at her before shaking your head and let out a sigh. "Just shut up, and listen. Hazal, should I skip us just being weirdos and just get to it so I can bring Klara to our room?"

The woman thought for a moment and gave you a nod, getting up from the couch and went to make you some coffee since you were getting tired. And she knew that when you get tired and constantly interrupted, you will turn someone's face inside out unless you get some sort of energy source in you for a bit. "Fine by me, just finish up before Sage has to revive someone"

***

Running on a rooftop, you slid beneath a generator as rain hit the concrete. Your breath was short due to the fabric covering your face, along with water dampening the material, making you inhale liquid at this point. You looked behind you, still seeing a couple of lights and groaned, sliding down a pipe and ran through the alleyways, trying to figure out where the meeting spot was for you to give away the contraband and then go back into hiding until someone else was gonna give you a big job. Hearing footsteps behind you, you looked around your surroundings and slipped your body under a garbage bin, hearing the footsteps pass and sighed with relief. You waited a few moments before sliding out from under the bin, looking behind you and saw a guy staring at you. You gave him a few blinks and raised a brow as he ran at you, trying attack you which you simply shook your head. You caught the fist aiming for your head, tightening your grip before watching frost form on his hand, traveling up his arm until you saw it on his face. "Honestly...you should've found a better job." You said, seeing his eyes widen with horror while ice covered the frost. What could you say? Your line of work isn't one for the weak.

So when you saw steam begin to rise off of his body, you gave a sinister smile to the man before pulling out your baton and wound up, connecting it to his head which popped off and shattered once hitting the ground, wiping away the frozen blood and just walked away. You pulled out your phone, going to the meeting spot which wasn't too far away apparently and gave the card of information to the person there, after they gave you the right statement of course. "You're good at what you do. You should come work for us at a certain...Protocol." you turned your head, giving the female a glare before walking off. "I don't do, teams." Was all you said before disappearing, leaving the girl behind that was confused. For being 17 and a skilled thief and hacker, why wouldn't you look for better living conditions? That being said, you couldn't trust  anyone anymore. So when you got back to your small apartment, you took off the clothes drenched with water and showered off the blood and muck from your body, putting on warmer clothes and looked at the time. 2am. It's not too late, maybe I could just watch a movie or something.