Chapter 13- Dream job

(Word count 1.7k)

It was safe to say that the summer break went way too fast, you wanted and needed more time at home, two weeks wasn't enough. Charles was starting to feel like he was a part of the family and your father practically had a friendship with him too, you felt like he spent more time with Charles over these two weeks than you did. It was a good thing though as he didn't mention work once so you really appreciated Charles for that.

Surprisingly though it wasn't your father who spoke about work it was you, one of the higher ups at work offered you the chance at commentating at the next few races with Crofty so you were able to fully decide if you really wanted to be a commentator or not. You were over the moon by the idea of it, yes you've worked alongside Crofty before but never in the commentators box watching the race from up above. It was going to be weird not sitting in the garage with your father and Bono and not being able to congratulate the race winner after the races but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and for once it would finally be you who would announce the winner of the race.

It was safe to say you were nervous, you've never exactly commentated before, you've shadowed alongside Crofty before and sat in the commentators box but you've never actually spoken during the race on live TV.

Your first day was today in Monza and you were currently sitting in the airport staring at the clock waiting impatiently with your father and boyfriend to board the plane. You couldn't sit still, too concerned about the day you had ahead, your leg constantly bouncing up and down and if it wasn't your leg it was picking at your nails. The nerves built up inside of you like a volcano waiting to erupt. You couldn't wait to be on that plane on the way to Monza.

"Y/N, will you sit still?" Your father snapped, clearly annoyed by the constant movement you were making.

Charles rested his hand on your thigh and that somewhat helped but you still felt the ball of anxiety in your stomach, settling as if it was making itself at home.

"Farai incredibile oggi amore mio, smetti di preoccuparti" Charles reassured you, rubbing his thumb in a circle on the upper part of your thigh.
You'll do amazing today my love, please stop worrying.

You smiled at him, well the best smile you could give him, inside you still felt like a mess.

"I've got something for you" Charles said, diverting your attention to a medium sized black box with a ribbon on it.

You opened the box, discarding the bow and placing it in your pocket. Your eyes widened. It was beautiful, a ruby heart necklace on a gold chain. It was perfect, you couldn't ask for anything more.

 It was perfect, you couldn't ask for anything more

"It's beautiful"

"It's a good luck present for today," He said. Taking the necklace out of the box and clasping it around your neck.

The pendant rested in the small of your neck perfectly, positioned in just the right place. You weren't really once for necklaces but this was one you'd be sure to never take off.