Chapter 4- Family breakfast

(Word count 2.3k)

Charles' alarm went off at 5am, waking you up from your slumber. Considering you got five hours of sleep you felt pretty refreshed. You went to hug Charles tighter, forcing him to stay in bed but when you opened his eyes he wasn't even there.

'He must be in the shower' You thought to yourself.

You slowly walked over to the bathroom and heard the shower running along with the sweet dulcet tones of Charles' voice.

"Baby?" Your voice was quiet.

"Did I wake you?" He called from the shower.

"No not at all" You lied. "When's your flight?" You asked.

"10:30, I'm leaving at 8 though" He told you.

With Charles leaving at 8 you were able to get another 3 hours with him and thankfully he was already packed so it meant you could have breakfast with him as well. However your morning was soon ruined by your phone constantly pinging. You unlocked it to see what all the fuss was about.

"You've got to be fucking joking me" You showed Charles your phone, threads of the kiss you shared with him after the Mercedes party last night.

"What are we going to do?" Charles asked

"Ignore it and hope no one asks us any questions" You spoke optimistically. Completely forgetting about your kiss with Lewis too.

"Fuck" Then it hit you. "If they got me and you kissing they definitely got me kissing Lewis too" You buried your face in your hands.

"I'm sure they didn't, besides you kissed Lewis once last year and told them it was a drunken kiss between two friends. I'm sure the media isn't going to care if you two kissed again" Charles tried to reassure you.

That was true. It was a whole drama. You kissed Lewis during race celebrations and everyone took it out of hand, you were the talk of the paddock and even HR got involved. Thankfully the statement you made with one another was enough to make everyone drop it and no one questioned it.