Chapter Forty-Three

Olivia stood in the kitchen as she ironed Dominick's dress shirt. She could hear her husband as he laughed and got their little boy around for the day. It sounded like Milo was fighting his father when putting his gown on for his christening. 

"Okay, he's going to wear pajamas to the church and we can change him before the fact," Dominick laughed as he carried Milo into the kitchen. The little boy's face brightened the moment he spotted his mother. He quickly reached his hands out to her as gibberish slipped from his mouth.

"I bet Nonna will freak out the moment she sees you in your little dinosaur pajamas and not your gown," Olivia smiled. She sat the iron down before moving around the board and grabbing her little boy.

"Just blame it on me," Dominick grinned, before he leaned down and stole a kiss from Olivia's lips. 

"I plan on it," Olivia laughed.

Dominick finished ironing his shirt before moving to get changed. When he came downstairs, he found Olivia on the sofa with Milo snuggled in her arms. She was tracing her finger along one of his chucky cheeks. Milo could not take his eyes off of his mother, and Dominick loved being able to experience these little moments. Even though she went through hell, Olivia still managed to be a completely loving and devoted mother to their son. 

"Are we ready to leave?" Dominick asked. Olivia hesitantly lifted her eyes before shaking her head.

"Nah, let's just stay home. He's being super cuddly," Olivia breathed. Milo reached a hand out and grabbed a lock of his mother's hair, his wet little fist wrapping around it.

"Okay, I'll cancel. We may get beaten up by my mother, but you are a cop. You can protect me," Dominick grinned. Olivia sighed before shaking her head.

"Let's go... before I actually change my mind."

///

By the time they got to church, Serafina and Senior were already there. They sat together on a bench and talked quietly to each other. It surprised Olivia that her father-in-law had decided to attend church and Milo's christening today, but she was glad he had. He was making strides to fix his relationship with Dominick, and this was a big step towards repairing it.

"Is that your Nonna and Papa?" Olivia asked, as she carried her little boy down the sidewalk. It took a few more moments before he started to grunt and wave his arms towards his grandparents. 

"Ma! Pops! This baby wants you both," Dominick called. Serafina got to her feet quickly, before meeting them halfway. She took the baby into her arms and held him above her head. She brought him down quickly and kissed his chubby cheeks.

"Oh, my sweet little Milo. You are not wearing your gown... Why is he not wearing it?" Serafina asked, her eyes full of concern. The last thing she wanted to find out was that the dress had been ruined before everyone even got to see him in it.

"It's your son's fault, Ma. I guess putting a few arms and a head into a gown is too hard," Olivia smiled. Serafina sighed softly, before looking at her son and shaking her head. He didn't notice since he had sat beside his father and they were talking.

It wasn't long before they moved inside and took the pew that had unofficially been assigned to their family. The service was long as usual, but at the end, those that were invited for the christening stayed behind. Two other families were getting their babies christened, so they had to wait until the end for Milo's turn. 

Olivia went into a side room and worked on changing her son into his gown, and Elliot joined her.

"Today is the big day," Elliot smiled, as he leaned against the wall and watched Olivia.

"It is," Olivia smiled weakly. She took a hand away from Milo and rubbed her forehead.

"Is everything okay?" Elliot asked. Olivia shrugged as she lifted her baby up slowly.

"I don't feel great. It just came on during the service, so I thought I just overheated. But now I'm not sure."

"Liv, do you think you're pregnant?" Elliot asked, thinking about the moment they found out Olivia had fainted because she was pregnant with Milo.

Olivia shook her head as she slowly turned to face Elliot.

"We are using protection. I don't think that I should get pregnant when I'm up for detective. I want to move up with you," Olivia breathed. Elliot nodded hesitantly before placing his hand against Olivia's forehead. 

"You aren't warm. Do you think your blood sugar is low?"

"I don't know, El."

"Okay, then lets-"

"We are up next," Dominick grinned, as he moved into the room.

///

Olivia and Dominick stood at the front, with Teresa and Elliot standing across from them. They listened closely and did as the priest told them. Olivia tried to stay focused, but it was hard when she felt completely out of it. Dominick kept rubbing her lower back, but it was like she couldn't even process his touch.

As the water was poured over Milo's head and he cried, his mother fell to the floor as she seized. 

"Olivia!" Dominick yelled, as he quickly dropped to his knees beside his wife. He rolled her onto her side and tried to keep her from thrashing too much. 

"Ma, call an ambulance," Gina spoke, her voice even and calm. She may be all cool and collected on the outside, but she herself was scared when looking at her sister-in-law as she had a seizure.

Dominick caressed Olivia's hair as tears slipped down his cheeks.

"Gina-"

"Sonny, it's okay. Your girl is going to be fine," Gina breathed.

There wasn't a lot anyone could do until the ambulance arrived. Olivia hadn't experienced this before, so there was no backup medication to administer if the seizure lasted longer than five minutes. Gina didn't have her medical bag, so all they could do was make sure that Olivia didn't bite her tongue. 

Dominick leaned close and whispered in his wife's ear in hopes of getting her to stop seizing and come to.

"Livvie, please come back. Keep fighting... Milo and I need you... We love you so much."