I walk through the halls with my hood up massaging my twitching hands. My parents had experimented with tasers as a new weapon a few days ago and my muscles still hadn't recovered. Every once in while they would twitch out of nowhere making me drop whatever I was holding or forcing my knees to buckle.

It was difficult not to applaud their ever growing creativity.

I spot Jayden at the end of the hall and tense up wondering if I still had enough time to turn around and take another route to leave the building and make my way home.

Due to the lack of a seating chart in homeroom, he had no difficulty moving to a different section of the classroom to give me the space I thought I wanted.

Every move he made to get further away from me made me yearn to take steps closer to him and now I finally understood his initial frustration with me.

Jayden locks eyes with me but quickly drops his gaze returning to the conversation he was having with some senior girl I didn't fully recognize. There was no clear evidence that they were flirting but for some reason it made me uncomfortable to witness. I allowed myself a second more of shamelessly scanning him and upon further observation I notice the beginnings of a bruise forming under his right eye. Even with a prominent mark on his face he held his head high and continued socializing like it meant nothing. And I guess to someone who isn't regularly scarred and bruised it does mean absolutely nothing.

I sigh forcing my eyes away and continue on my path seeing no point to the extra effort in avoidance at this point.

Kevin enters the building through the double doors from outside having way more marks on his face than Jayden which made me question what kind of baseball drills these coaches were putting them through. He gives Jayden a look before turning away from him and walking in my direction. Once he sees me his jaw tenses and his eyes immediately look right through and past me.

The gesture confuses me but I decided to ignore it, until he approaches and almost purposely moves closer to me to harshly bump my shoulder.

"Excuse me." I furrow my brows and spit with irritation.

"Yeah, excuse you." His matched and almost elevated aggravation threw me off and I shift my eye-line to Jayden who seemed to be watching the entire interaction.

The whole exchange and its undertones makes my blood bubble and boil. It was one thing to be pissed or bothered that I forced him away, it was a whole other thing to get his friends to come for me at school in his place because of it.

I storm towards the door Kevin had just entered from and shot Jayden a venomous look as he followed me with his eyes before slamming the door open.

"You're all real class acts." Then I leave without sparing him another glance or second of my time.

I hear the door being opened with the same intensity I used behind me and rolled my eyes in anticipation of his retaliation.

"I had nothing to do with that Cortez."

My head whips around but I don't stop walking as I growl, "Kevin Borelli didn't even know I existed before you started talking to me. Now we're no longer associated and suddenly he's aggressively bumping me in the halls? Yeah I'm sure that's a coincidence."