"It's not an ordinary cold." His emotions finally came through, as if something suddenly broke, he looked at her fixedly, his eyes flashing with near vulnerable emotions, "It's because......"

He opened his lips, but could not say the words.

He was not only a half-demon, but also the descendant of a succubus with an unusual fate, so unusual that even the succubus race did not dare to recognize him, let alone Ling Miaomiao, a weak ordinary person.

After spending time with him day after day, becoming contaminated by his demonic aura, it was not surprising that in the long run, her body was depleted.

Ling Miaomiao waited for him blankly, her cheeks stained red, her lips dry and cracked. However, in the end, he didn't say anything and put her back on the bed gently, standing up with the bowl: "I'll be back in a minute."

Miaomiao curled up on the bed and stared at him in confusion, seeing that only one of his cuffs was firmly fastened and the other was lowered to almost completely cover the back of his hand. As soon as she made the connection between this and the strange taste in the medicine, she just about understood what had happened and a sour feeling rose within her.

Mu Sheng went back to his room to change his clothes and went back to the kitchen again.

Medicine was boiling on the stove, emitting bubbling sounds, and he stood motionless in front of the earthenware pot, seemingly staring at the occasionally flickering flame, but also seeming to be staring into empty space, his eyelashes casting a slight shadow under his eyes.

After a while, he lifted the lid of the earthenware pot and scooped out a bowl of medicine, then raised his hand and pushed his sleeve upwards.

His pale wrist was covered with wounds, and the bloody horizontal scars were striking, the latest one not completely healed and beads of blood were still seeping out from the edges.

He held up his wrist, the expression on his face extremely light, his right hand holding a dagger against it, as if coldly considering where to cut, so that blood could come out most easily.

Finally, he pressed the tip of the knife against the most recent cut. He pressed down in determination and split the healing flesh apart once again in a seamless manner.

As the thought flew through his mind, he flipped his wrist and moved it closer to the bowl.

"Mu Sheng."

A voice suddenly sounded behind him, and the young man's eyelashes fluttered violently, and his frozen expression cracked, showing the emotions that only the living have. The dagger in his hands fell to the ground with a clang.

Ling Miaomiao wore snow-white inner clothes, and had loosely draped an indigo coat over herself. She had lost a lot of weight in the past few days, and her face was hidden in the coat, making it appear even smaller and paler.

She looked sidelong at him and slowly walked in. She pulled the corner of his shirt with a displeased expression and pulled out the man who was looking at her helpless gaze.

There was still some spare gauze in the house; Ling Miaomiao put Mu Sheng's scarred hand on it, wrapped it several times with great effort and finally tied the knot tightly.

When tying the knot, she accidentally touched his wound and his hand trembled almost imperceptibly. His eyes shone brightly at the young girl who had her head bowed, not making a sound.

"The next time you dare to cut yourself, I'll beat you up. Ling Miaomiao gritted her teeth while tying the knot.

Then, she rested her chin on the back of her hand and laid down on the table, staring hard at the thick layer of gauze wrapped around his wrist, and after a long time, she took a finger and poked it.