82

Ling Miaomiao lowered her head and slowly tightened her ruqun. She sat in front of the makeup table and faced the mirror, tying her hair into a simple ponytail. It drooped down to the side of her head in a puffy, soft manner. She looked right and left then pouted in dissatisfaction, "It's uneven."

Her fingers traced over the young face reflected in the mirror. Immediately afterwards, she tapped on the mirror, "You, c'mere and help me."

Mu Sheng silently approached her. Miaomiao turned around in shock, as if in disbelief that a person in the mirror could actually show up in reality.

Mu Sheng grabbed her soft hair and pulled it apart. Then, he picked up a comb, dipped it in some water and started to brush her hair. He started to straighten out her long, maroon hair with somewhat unfamiliar movements.

The girl in the mirror didn't put up a fuss nor cause any sort of commotion. She simply sat there with her apricot eyes and watched him inquisitively like a little deer would. This obedient manner was similar to that of a little doll's.

"I don't want this one." She suddenly struggled.

"I don't want this smell." She scrunched up her nose.

"What?" His hands paused for a moment as his dark eyes looked at the mirror.

He suddenly understood. She was referring to the water he was using to comb her hair with, one strongly infused with the fragrance of cape jasmine.

He lowered his head to look at the brush and was perplexed, "You always used this one to brush your hair in the past."

"Ziqi doesn't like it." She angrily sputtered, "So I don't like it either."

He suddenly froze. He lowered the brush and then picked up a few strands of her soft hair.

His eyes seemed to mist over, "It's not that I don't like it... I was just messing with you in the past."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Mhm, then I like it." The girl's face in the mirror suddenly flipped around as her eyes narrowed with her smile. "I like it too."

The corner of the youth's lip curled up angra kissed the top of her hair.

Then, he kneeled down on one knee and intimately kissed the side nfher fare

Ling Miaomiao turned her head, fingers tapping against the mirror, "Pin my hair."

He couldn't bear to release her, "Ok, I'll pin your hair."

The incense burning in the censor slowly wafted up into the air. The room was silent and as such, the loud birdsong and twittering of birds outside could be clearly heard inside.

For him, brushing her hair for an hour was still too short. When he finally tied up her hair with a ribbon, his hands were already somewhat numb and shaky. Fortunately, he was familiar with tying up his own hair into a bun so in the end, the bowknot he made was beautifully sharp.

Ling Miaomiao closely examined the ponytail in the mirror, appearing critically scrutinizing, "Even my own work was straighter than this."

"...." He picked up the drooping bundle of hair and asked her through the mirror, "Should I try it again then?"

"No need." She raised her chin and shook her head.

"Alright then." His dark pupils seemed moist. He pursed his lips after some time and promised, "In the future, I'll become better at this."

Ling Miaomiao slightly narrowed her eyes and started yawning incessantly. This was the side effect of the love bug, she would be tired all day and night. The youth extended his hand out behind her back and no matter how much she struggled, she couldn't escape him picking her up by the waist. He carried her to the bed and carefully placed her down.